Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2005, 01:29 AM   #1
BandJ
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #93
Duct Tape to the Rescue

Another use for Duct Tape..

We were all packed up and ready to pull out of our camp site when I noticed that the front right Tire on the RV was very low. I had checked it the night before and all was OK.

Luckly I carry a Husky air compressor. I fill the tire up in five minutes. When checking the air pressure I noticed that the tire air valve was leaking.

Now, do I leave or do I spend time to take the tire off and fix it. I decided to wrap the valve with duct tape and leave.

It worked. I arrived at our next campground six hours later and the tire was low, but not flat.

Thanks Duct Tape....

BandJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 02:50 AM   #2
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Check out www.rescuetape.com, believe it or not this tape withstands 700psi of pressure. I bought some at a RV show and it is great. A little expensive, actually a lot more expensive than duct tape but it really does a special job when you need it.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 01:40 PM   #3
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
DHenry is that the correct link? I'm getting a "this page cannot be found" message.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 02:56 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Tbhd, paste it in your browser then backspace to eliminate the comma. When posting a link it wants to include any punctuation at the end of the link. Not real bright of the programmers. When I remember I try to space before the comma or period but it's hard to remember to do that. Here's the link without the comma: http://www.rescuetape.com .
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 03:12 PM   #5
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Duh--thanks again Steve I never even noticed the comma. Got to clean my glasses I guess .
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 02:47 PM   #6
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Duct tape and bungie cords, my basic survial kit. Thanks for the hint, I'll be sharing it with Dick.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote