Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2015, 06:29 AM   #1
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
slider control valves/switch?

On our new 2015 in the leven up hatch are what looks like selector switches or valve controls that are labeled AS DS OSS and ODS2. I just can't remember what they mEan and how to use them. Thanks

RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 06:59 AM   #2
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Nor do I, Bob. Turn them all off and try one at a time to figure it out?!!! :-D
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 07:05 AM   #3
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
What I did with ours was, turn all but one of the valves off, operate the slide control to see which slide moves. Use a Sharpie to make your own label, (bed, kitchen, etc). Then close that valve and open the next and do the same thing, and then continue with the remaining valves. DS means door side, ODS means opposite door side, I think AS means auxiliary slide, but not sure what the OSS means.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 02:40 PM   #4
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
I wonder what genius at Keystone decided to make the valve identification as confusing as they have on your 2015. It has the same slides in the same positions as does my 2012 3402RL and mine are labeled DS (door side) ODS (opposite door side), which is my desk slide), AUX (auxiliary) which is the Kitchen slide and finally BED of course that one is not hard to figure out.

As has been suggested turn them all off, turn one on and see which one opens, close it and turn it off and do the same with the others, the DS should of course operate the large single slide on the "door side". With any luck of course....

Next thing they will be putting little pictures on there like the Chinese do to identify component attachments, then we will all have to go through the process..

This is not an improvement Keystone, wise up.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 02:52 PM   #5
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Ours has those and we're a 2010 so it's not a new way of looking at them for Keystone. We use them frequently, turning off all but the bedroom when we're boondocking at a Flying J or Cracker Barrel. We have to put the bedroom slide out because ours is a model that won't let you in the bedroom with the slide in. One thing to know, you must turn the valves as far as possible or they won't seal. That means turning them slightly past the 6 oclock position to turn them completely off.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 01:09 AM   #6
WaltBennett
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13325
Whatever they are supposed to mean can be easily corrected with a Sharpie when you do figure them out.
Old 05-07-2015, 05:40 AM   #7
twofishes

M.O.C. #17283
New to Montana, 2015 3611RL. I'm learning a lot already cruising through the posts!

Concerning the hydraulic slides (new to me, previous 5er had electrics),when we did our check out at the dealer we were told that the DS switch was the drivers side, and ODS was off drivers side, which is the opposite of door side, etc for our unit?

Regardless of that, when we got it home and tried it, no matter which valve was closed, both of the main slides still opened. The rig is back at the dealership to have this looked at, as well as a couple other minor adjustments. When we pick it up I will make sure we operate the system with the service manager to see if it works properly, and which side is which
twofishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 07:20 AM   #8
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Here is what I learned from my Montana Dealer regarding the valves you are talking about. DS stands for "door side", so on our 3440RL that is the large slider on the same side as the door. ODS they told me means "opposite door side." I have experimented with them. When I shut off both ODS the entertainment and kitchen slider do not extend, only the large dinning room slider which is the DS moves. Then one at a time I have turned on the ODS and ODS1 moves the kitchen, ODS2 moves the entertainment slide. The bed is not hydraulic and has its own In/out switch. Hope this helps. We are out in Northern Wisconsin doing our first shake down trip. There are so many things to check and operate to make sure they work because of the warranty. I have found one curious issue. On our 3440RL there was a backup camera installed from the factory. I had some communication problems between the rear camera and the display in the truck. Talked to a nice guy at FURRION and he suggested repositioning the rear antenna as vertical as possible, they say it should transmit up to approximately 90 feet. He also stated that they are not happy with how the major manufacturers (includes Keystone) have installed the "backup" camera. Mine is always on so as we go down the road I have a real time view behind the trailer. According to FURRION this camera was supposed to be wired so that it only worked when the truck was in reverse gear. When parked I know of no way to shut off power to the camera, so when dry camping I wonder if this degrades the battery?
Old 05-07-2015, 10:51 AM   #9
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
In reference to your camera ... I've seen them wired to the running lights ... I've seen them wired to the backup lights ... a direct hot wire to the camera is a new one on me. With your truck unhooked from your fiver ... does the camera work still?
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:47 AM   #10
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Yep, that's what I am saying, it's always on!
Old 05-07-2015, 12:40 PM   #11
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
According to Furrion ... those cameras are not made to be on for extended lengths of time or they will fail. Just saying ...
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 12:47 PM   #12
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
I share your concern.
Old 05-08-2015, 06:46 AM   #13
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Sounds like it is time to do your first mod. If keystone is still putting in those worthless backup lights in the rear cap, you have wiring there to hook the camera to. The backup lights are not dot requirement and can be replaced with another set of led stop/turn/tale lights unless they have totally changed to an all in one modular light assembly. Happy mod'ing. John