Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-05-2010, 09:16 AM   #1
blarkman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1977
leaking kitchen faucet

I have a 2006,3000RK and the kitchen faucet leaks. I have tried a search on this and they say no posts!! The faucet leaks on the cold side and have removed the set screw and how does one pull the stem for repairing also what brand and model is it?? It is dark brass in color
bob

blarkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:54 AM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Bob,
I did a search and found the following that may be of some help.
Good luck,
Dennis

http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=37021
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:56 AM   #3
blarkman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1977
Thanks Dennis for the info,but I am trying to repair the unit and would like to find who the manufacturer is and model # is so I can get parts. I did pull the top and it looks like it needs a special socket to remove nut.
bob
Old 03-07-2010, 05:10 AM   #4
mtheo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6171
Bob
I have an early 07 3000rk and I sure it is the same faucet.
1. Loosen a small set screw in front of the handle.
2. pull up and remove handle.
3. Remove large collar.
4. Pull up on steel rod, attached to ball.
5. Below that should be two spring and under them two small rubber cup seals.
6. The repair kit should be a standard Delta style repair kit. Some come with replacement ball, but not usually needed.

When re-installing, do reverse of above, except when getting to replacing the collar. There should be a white insert in the collar, back it out slightly when tightening down collar, then sung up white collar to adjust hanlde tension.

good luck, PM me if you have questions
Mark

mtheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:13 AM   #5
blarkman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1977
In further research on finding repair parts for my faucet I have the following. It looks like it may bee made by Delta but they discontinued making them in 2002 and I did email them for assistance and they said would get back in 48 hours. tt is now 72 hous , called Montana, first they said call dealer, dealers answer was we don't sell parts for sinks.second call Montana said they got all the faucets from a source their and gave me name and number, but when I called number, party there said that they have been out of business for over a year. so I have emailed Montana back to let them know their source is out of business.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:25 PM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Bob, you have far more patience than I. I think about this point I'd just break down and go to Home Depot and buy a new faucet assembly. A household faucet will work. We're toying with replacing ours but want to find another pullout with builtin spray and we just haven't seriously looked yet. Ours is starting to make a buzzing noise in the head unit at full volume. I took it apart as much as I could and couldn't find a problem. We may just replace it one of these days. Good luck.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 02:57 AM   #7
blarkman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1977
I did end up calling Delta on their 800 number and did get the parts. They were most helpful and the best part was they were "no charge". I guess my frustration was, it had been discontued in 02, no owners pack, the source was out of business and the only real suggestion Montana had was to buy a new one.
bob
Old 03-11-2010, 06:33 AM   #8
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
I just finsihed repairing mine which was leaking around the collar and running across the countertop. MTHEO has it right as all the inners are Delta. According to my plumbing supplier Snfexpress was right when he identified the faucet as manufactured by "Phoenix". They supplied a lot of faucets to the RV industry. His words "Phoenix faucet delta guts". If spot is dripping probably just need delta springs and seats for a #70 ball. For leaks around the collar you will need "Cam assembly for Delta Lever Handle Faucets with #70 Ball" (Danco part # is 88104).To add to mtheo's procedure, if the bonnet is hard to get off try pouring some vinegar on the top of the faucet and let it sit for a few minutes. Something about these RV park water supplies that realy crud up the threads. Jim
Old 03-12-2010, 01:38 AM   #9
bwney
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4633
I repaired the kitchen faucet in mine a few weeks ago. It was a little difficult to get apart, but can be done. I found a repair parts pack at HD for less than $10. Delta parts....................
bwney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 03:36 PM   #10
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Now that we've had our '09 Big Sky for a little more than a year, we're having problems with our kitchen faucet. It is manufactured in China (what a surprise!) but the distributor doesn't have any tech papers on in it, per Karen because it is manufactured in China. I probably confused her when I suggested that many products are made in China and they have tech spechs - although they don't write in English very well, they understand the importance of providing tech details. Anyway, Karen says there is a two year warranty on it and I am pursuing it. The distributor is Dura Global

She wanted me to contact our dealer, which I did. Seems a bit obfuscating to me...
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 03:58 PM   #11
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
snfexpress, Since it is still under warranty (the faucet) shouldn't your dealer do the calling and locate parts for you? Isn't that why you have a dealer in the first place to help you after the sale? i bet they bent over backwards to get the trailer sale.
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 02:57 AM   #12
blarkman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1977
It seems that the faucets are one of the items that no one provide a source in the owners packet. So if there is no info in the packet how would the dealer know who makes it or who to contact.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:17 AM   #13
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
That is a sorry state of affairs that after you buy your $60,000 Trailer the dealer or the factory can't even come up with a $5.00 repair kit...
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote