Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 11-18-2020, 01:30 PM   #61
Glades
Established Member

M.O.C. #26789
The discounts start Monday 23rd.
From their website...
“Cyber Monday Deals Starting on 11/23 – 12/07! Save $50.00 on our New EasyTouch RV Thermostat using discount code CMETRV or $35.00 off on our popular EasyStart 364 Soft Starter for RV using CMEASY during checkout.

Glades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 05:24 PM   #62
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
I just ordered the TStat today using the discount code. Worked well. Looking forward to installing and using.
jsb5717 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 06:57 PM   #63
Tom N OH
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17678
Just ordered ours. The discount code worked. Thanks for the heads up.
Tom N OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 02:34 PM   #64
whitesub93
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22946
Ordered mine today. Discount code worked and it says 3 day delivery time. Now we wait.
Old 12-01-2020, 11:07 AM   #65
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
Micro Air Question for those with a heat pump

I am having an anomaly with the new MicroAir thermostat. The heat pump stops working (just blows semi cool air) and the stat freezes up when the outdoor temps get to be around 45 degrees or colder. The screen on the stat only lets you select heat pump operation or the one for the heat pump/AC operation. I have to turn it off, go to settings, do factory reset and then I can go through all the options including turning on the furnace.

I thought it might be something to do with the heat pump but when we first bought the trailer did our maiden checkout trip (3 days) with nights in the mid/upper 30s and the heat pump worked just fine with the Dometic stat. Just curious if anyone has had an issue like that with their new MicroAir or have used it in cooler temps without issue. I'm working with tech support for MicroAir but it is a slow process.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 10:18 PM   #66
Ronaldg

M.O.C. #27639
thanks for posting this. I have the same problem. I am going to replace mine. Thanks for adding the link.
Ronaldg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 04:16 PM   #67
raygreg
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23813
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I am having an anomaly with the new MicroAir thermostat. The heat pump stops working (just blows semi cool air) and the stat freezes up when the outdoor temps get to be around 45 degrees or colder. The screen on the stat only lets you select heat pump operation or the one for the heat pump/AC operation. I have to turn it off, go to settings, do factory reset and then I can go through all the options including turning on the furnace.

I thought it might be something to do with the heat pump but when we first bought the trailer did our maiden checkout trip (3 days) with nights in the mid/upper 30s and the heat pump worked just fine with the Dometic stat. Just curious if anyone has had an issue like that with their new MicroAir or have used it in cooler temps without issue. I'm working with tech support for MicroAir but it is a slow process.
I sent you a private message
raygreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 06:08 PM   #68
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
Quote:
Originally Posted by raygreg View Post
I sent you a private message

Got it and thanks.
Old 12-02-2020, 06:25 PM   #69
Wolffden
Established Member

M.O.C. #22233
Thanks for all the info, we just ordered ours!
Wolffden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 10:59 AM   #70
cghsatx
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22453
MicroAire thermostat install

Installed my 2 (451) last weekend and all went well and very easy. If you dont want to cut wires off the old Dometic and strip for the new one, take a very small flat screwdriver.

In 2.5 years of owning my 2019 3731, the ACs never worked correctly, with the usual issues of fans cutting off, short cycling, only runs on high, stops cooling etc. These new thermostat make it work perfect so far except for only issue is that the compressor in the rear heat pump unit (which I had never used before) runs a long time (5 to 10 minutes), makes the typical heat pump pressure change sound, then the fan comes on.

On a side issue, I also had problems with never knowing if the residential AC would stay on when on battery, as the inverter is mounted sideways and upside down such that the display cant be read. After 2 trips of having warm food in the refer, I just stopped using it unless on shore power. I also tried to turn the thing off while not using the RV (in stays plugged into shore power) but could not. Discovered the Kitchen 2 breaker cuts off the refer along with a few outlets and you have disable or unplug power to the transfer switch
cghsatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 03:21 PM   #71
whitesub93
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22946
Got my t-stat and since I had the Dometic CCC2 it was just unplugging The phone-type jack on the old one and plugging into the new one and mounting it. Works great, but did take a little time connecting to wi/fi. So far works as it should.
Old 12-09-2020, 05:00 PM   #72
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
As an update on my prior post about the anomaly with my MicrAir stat replacement for the CT;

I worked days with the MicroAir techs to get my issue resolved. Kudos to those folks; they answered my emails, worked with me etc. after hours and on weekends - don't see that much anymore. Found some bugs that they have fixed and according to another of our members having the exact same issues it resolved his problems.

They sent me a new stat this morning so I will have it soon. I could not download the required updates due to the wifi setup in this resort. The do not support browserless devices so the stat could not connect and update - they needed the mac address. I could not get that without an update hence the new thermostat on the way. But? Those guys said going forward they are going to include the mac address with the thermostats for a situation like this! Plus, I mentioned it would be nice to have the MicroAir switch from heat pump to furnace when the heat pump shuts down to cold temps - they are working on that mod as well! Great folks.
Old 12-09-2020, 05:42 PM   #73
sbemis611
Established Member

M.O.C. #17705
Thumbs up Great news

Quote:
As an update on my prior post about the anomaly with my MicrAir stat replacement for the CT;

I worked days with the MicroAir techs to get my issue resolved. Kudos to those folks; they answered my emails, worked with me etc. after hours and on weekends - don't see that much anymore. Found some bugs that they have fixed and according to another of our members having the exact same issues it resolved his problems.

They sent me a new stat this morning so I will have it soon. I could not download the required updates due to the wifi setup in this resort. The do not support browserless devices so the stat could not connect and update - they needed the mac address. I could not get that without an update hence the new thermostat on the way. But? Those guys said going forward they are going to include the mac address with the thermostats for a situation like this! Plus, I mentioned it would be nice to have the MicroAir switch from heat pump to furnace when the heat pump shuts down to cold temps - they are working on that mod as well! Great folks.

Sourdough, You beat me to the request on the switch over from Heat Pump to furnace, so cool they are working on that, that will be huge!

2018 Montana 3560RL
2015 Ford F350 6.7 B&W Companion
sbemis611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 05:55 PM   #74
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
Quote:

So, in theory, the updates will be able to be downloaded with the right setup?
Old 12-09-2020, 07:46 PM   #75
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsb5717 View Post
So, in theory, the updates will be able to be downloaded with the right setup?

All new updates are downloaded through the thermostat app. Connect to the stat, connect it to the wifi, select check for updates - really smooth if you don't have the kind of setup we are in right now...but they are fixing that.
Old 03-02-2021, 02:52 PM   #76
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
Just uncovered the trailer yesterday. Today I installed the Microair TStat that I ordered a while back. Installation was a breeze and it seems to work like a champ. I haven't run it through all its paces yet or even installed the app on my phone. But so far am pleased.
Old 03-02-2021, 03:47 PM   #77
whitesub93
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22946
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesub93 View Post
Got my t-stat and since I had the Dometic CCC2 it was just unplugging The phone-type jack on the old one and plugging into the new one and mounting it. Works great, but did take a little time connecting to wi/fi. So far works as it should.
Well, the recent cold snap we had I learned that my thermostat was trying to run the A/C and the heat at the same time. Tried everything and could not get it to cooperate. Pulled it off and put the Dometic back and all worked as it should. NO IDEA of what was going on with the Micro-Air. Any thoughts?
Old 05-24-2021, 06:52 PM   #78
77cruiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26015
My Dometic died completely today couldn't get it out of Celsius this time & screen went all funny. So I ordered a Micro air.
77cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 08:01 PM   #79
Randy E
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21626
You won’t be disappointed. You will love the phone app to operate your unit. I’ve installed 2 thermostats and just recently I installed 2 EZ start units. Both units worked great last week on our first trip out this year. Good choice. Let us know how you like the new T stats once you get them Installed.
I filled my wall with non expanding foam when swapping out the thermostats. This really helps. It keeps all the outside air from working thru the wall up to your unit.
Good luck.
Randy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 06:40 AM   #80
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
I just installed 2 of the Micro Air thermostats but haven't used them yet. Will be going out in a couple of weeks.
Have you tried rebooting the Dometic Thermostat? You can press the mode button and up arrow until the display reads "--" to reset it. Then press mode again to get going. That may get you running again until you get the Micro Air shipped.
Also you might try just removing the faceplate. If the foam inside gets compressed, it will go wonky like you're seeing as well.
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote