Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2020, 03:04 PM   #1
Donjamin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22148
Send a message via Skype™ to Donjamin
Slide Bottom Pan Gasket Replacement

We were camping this past week on the Central California Coast and I noticed I had a piece of rubber flashing hanging down from the underside of our right side slide (oven and fridge, fireplace side) on our rig. We own a 2016 3160 Legacy Montana. This is the bottom pan slide gasket that appears to be attached to the floor of the trailer and the slide sits on top of it. I located the gasket on the Trekwood website and its listed as a bottom pan seal. See picture.

Looking at my rig today, it appears that I would have to have the slide either jacked up or removed to replace this pan gasket. It also appears that Keystone may have glued this gasket to the floor before installing it in the rig. If that is the case, then the slide would have to come out to fix it properly. So my question is, has anyone replaced this pan gasket and what was the process to do so? Thanks for the input.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AD65A864-4883-4866-9E46-B7634C7AD20A.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	7578  

2015 Ford F-250 SD 4X4
Donjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 05:13 PM   #2
dhuhn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17176
Send a message via MSN to dhuhn
you may want to look again I think that strip you may need has a wear bar attached to it for the slide.I had one replaced on my 3720 couple years ago. I had my dealer do it as they had to take slide out to fix it.

Dan & Sandy Huhn
2016 Montana 3720 2015 Chevy 3500 SWD Duro Max
Prev 2012 High Country 313RE 2012 Chevy 2500 DMax
dhuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 05:26 PM   #3
Donjamin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22148
Send a message via Skype™ to Donjamin
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuhn View Post
you may want to look again I think that strip you may need has a wear bar attached to it for the slide.I had one replaced on my 3720 couple years ago. I had my dealer do it as they had to take slide out to fix it.
It was the top half of the outside strip that peeled away. As I suspected, the slide appears to have to be removed to replace this pan gasket. Right now I can’t justify the cost since the pan has 2 inner rubber ridge seals to keep the weather out.

D
2015 Ford F-250 SD 4X4
Donjamin is offline   Reply With Quote