Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-08-2006, 01:33 AM   #41
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Yes, my wife seems to appreciate the CPAP more than I do. If I fall asleep without it, I get a gentle reminder...

Being claustrophobic, it has taken some real discipline to get used to having things strapped to ones face.
I also just found out one other little annoyance...having just got hit with a cold (every couple of years or so)...the last two nights have been without the mask. I can tell the difference not using it as my headaches are returning upon waking. I suppose this is from the Apnea.
It's easy to tell yourself that it really doesn't make a big difference...until you go without and return to your old ways.

Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 04:48 AM   #42
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
To help a bit with the cold thingy. I have added a humidifier to my CPAP. There is a lot of smoggy pollution in Hong Kong, so the stuffy nose thing is a regular occurrance. I would jerk the mask off in my sleep. But with the humidifier, I am more likely to leave it on and enjoy better sleep.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 05:03 AM   #43
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Thanks Stiles...
I do have the humidifier as well and think it's a terrific feature.
I guess I went without because I couldn't breathe through my nose.
If my nose stuffs up on me while sleeping, I wake up and rip it off.

On a related note...I am getting literature from my supplier saying that new and better equipment is out now and since it's been over 6 months for me, I am eligible to get some new parts?
I don't think the insurance company would bite on another machine, they must be talking about masks and hose.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:38 PM   #44
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Because I have the Asian rep for ResMed available to me, I am looking into whatever the latest technology is. For one thing, I want to replace the set air pressure machine with a variable pressure machine. Evidently it is smart enough to automatically deliver the right amount of pressure according to your specific needs in the moment. This guy has all the latest on various supplimental breathing apparatus. If I learn anything significant, I will report back. This rep is also suffers from apnea and is a CPAP user.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 02:12 AM   #45
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
I'll be looking forward to that Stiles...

You reminded me of my sleep study test with mention of that variable machine. The guy that was setting me up (read: wired) didn't come into my room until 11:30 PM. By the time I was ready to go it was after midnight and I couldn't sleep with wirezilla hanging off my head. Consulting with the doctor later it was decided to send me home with one of those adjustable machines that also records activity for a month.
The good part was it allowed me to get used to things rather than all at once. The bad part is it spent a good portion of the night figuring out what to do rather than preventing my apnea.
I settled in on 14 lbs I believe. I know that's high, but that's what it takes to get past my apnea. That mask moves, and I wake right up with all that air moving.