Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-27-2005, 04:14 PM   #1
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Our Dealer Says Brakes are Good!

Ok the dealer called today and said our brakes on the monty are working fine! URGH! We have had the truck looked at..even hitched up to another trailer and took it for a ride and had no problem. But with the monty it is saying short! So the dealer said the tech would look at the trailer again...I had copied a post from here about another pp having problems with there brakes...but the tech probably didnt read it! I asked if they took the wheels off but they couldnt tell me b/c the tech had left for the day.

But I am more worried about the brakes on this Monty...I really think it is in the trailer being the truck was tested and looked at...any other suggestions anyone?

campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 05:07 PM   #2
jackw87
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3007
My dealer said that the brakes on my monty were good also but I pulled the hubs my self and found the short I finaly had to buy brake assembly that was complete with backing plate and installed it after installing the assimbly Ihave traveled from Indiana to alabama then to helen Ga and back to Alabama with no more problems dexter selles the complete assimbly for 60 dollars and and it only requires 5 nuts be remmoved and repalced plus connecting two wires the wheel that I had problem with was the right rear
jackw87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 08:33 AM   #3
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
My husband talked to the tech today and they didnt even take the tires off! So the tech is in the process of doing that now. He told them to check the hubs and the magnets. So we will probably know more later today.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:31 AM   #4
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
I will be willing to say that your door side rear wheel has a problem, too many have had this experience, including myself.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 02:19 PM   #5
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
They found the short in one of the wheels on the steel arm inside the hub! Wife forgot to ask which wheel but I will check with them when picking it up. Wife was busy asking about the recliner and the kitchen faucet...we always have water all over the counter when we travel ...the water pump is off. Again they told her that they dont see any leaking!(of course they are not traveling!) So, I dont know what they will do about that one.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:58 PM   #6
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Sorry I didnt post sooner but we got the camper back and the brakes are fixed!! We fixed the faucet ...there was two screens we took one out and no more problems...we are happy campers now! LOL
Old 10-20-2005, 05:49 PM   #7
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
Wow... Isn't it nice to be whole again?
Dave
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote