Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-12-2005, 04:45 PM   #1
pud2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4142
Maiden Voyage 3670

Well she is ours. We picked her up on friday the 9th and went straight to the campground. WOW WHAT A DIFF. We are very pleased right now and believe that will continue. We left it there and my wife is going back and forth to work LUCKY DOG. It is so roomy and comfortable and plenty of storage. Have not found anything that we would change except being able too do it more often. Did not have to pull it very far but it pulled great not much diff. than my 28ft. jayco. Can,t wait to pull her to talladega the 1st of october for the race. Makes me want to stay at campground and watch on t.v.. Hope to see some of you on the road someday.

pud2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 05:20 PM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
pud2,
Congrats on the new coach. Sure glad to hear that things are going well for you. Hope for many more great smiles and miles to come. Enjoy!
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 05:57 PM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Darrel and Pam
Yeah, we have all had that awesome feeling after getting a new Monty.
Here's for continued happy feelings. You are going to love it more and more.
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 01:02 AM   #4
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Enjoy. It is a great unit.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 01:18 AM   #5
Jerzy54
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4379
Congratulations and happy and save rving.I can not wait to pick up my in two weeks.
Enjoy Jerzy54

Jerzy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 03:00 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We will be buying a 3670 over the winter so we will be watching your post on your experiences with interest. We just looked at a 3670 at a RV show last week and noticed that on the door side front storage compartment, left side, there were clear water lines that were just sort of hanging loose and laying up against the basket for the laundry chute.I wondered how long they could flap around till they broke..check yours out..Looks like all they needed was a few more support brackets. Also when I turned on the water pump it sounded like a buzz saw... Oh yes the Tv in the front room had that little drop down door at the bottom with a latch on each side. The intent, I assume , was to hold the TV in place along with the straps..looked kind of flimsy to me..what do you think??? The sales person was not real happy with me...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 05:15 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations, Darrel & Pam! The Montanas do tow very comfortably. And live that way, too.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 05:19 AM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

We just looked at a 3670 at a RV show last week and noticed that on the door side front storage compartment, left side, there were clear water lines that were just sort of hanging loose and laying up against the basket for the laundry chute.
Rich, the newer Montanas have the low point drains inside the basement storage area to avoid the freezing problems we've had in the past. Could this be the lines you saw? There would be two of them and probably either a cap or a valve on them. I thought they are on the side just inside the locker door but maybe not on the 3670.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 06:37 AM   #9
CanDo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2106
Congratulations! We did the exact same thing when we picked up our 3670 last October. We picked up the rig and drove about 20 miles to the campground. What a difference from towing a TT! No sway, pulls like a dream! We are really enjoying our rig and go out in it as often as we can. We took a 3-week trip over the summer and had lots of fun. That was the first time we had stayed out so long at one stretch, and we got to experience the moving to different campgrounds, etc. The dog enjoyed the trip, too, lots of new trees to meet. We're so pleased with all the open space in the living room area as we have a rather large black lab - he takes up lots of room. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
CanDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 06:47 AM   #10
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Pud2, Congrats and happy camping...I sure you will be spending a lot of time getting to know your new home on wheels.
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 03:09 PM   #11
pud2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4142
If you are talking about the tv in the living room it is not bad. It is a little flemsy when pulled out but we move our recliners to the slide and coach is now at the rear. We like this better for viewing tv and we do not have to pull it out.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

We will be buying a 3670 over the winter so we will be watching your post on your experiences with interest. We just looked at a 3670 at a RV show last week and noticed that on the door side front storage compartment, left side, there were clear water lines that were just sort of hanging loose and laying up against the basket for the laundry chute.I wondered how long they could flap around till they broke..check yours out..Looks like all they needed was a few more support brackets. Also when I turned on the water pump it sounded like a buzz saw... Oh yes the Tv in the front room had that little drop down door at the bottom with a latch on each side. The intent, I assume , was to hold the TV in place along with the straps..looked kind of flimsy to me..what do you think??? The sales person was not real happy with me...
pud2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 03:26 PM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Steve R..I will bet that's exactly what we saw. These lines were not secure at all..a couple of brackets would solve the problem. We will take a close look at this at the factory..Might have been a oversight on this unit only. It was kind of funny.Helen and I were looking for all those that I call nickle and dime quality issues that have been posted on the forum and talking to ourselves as we found things. When we hit the on switch for the water pump and it rattled the camper the salesman ran over and turned it off as there were other customers in the unit. Actually we were sort of satisfied with the quality. There are certain things, like the pump installation that I want to see at the factory so I can fix these things when the camper is in the driveway.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:09 PM   #13
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
It might be that the pump was noisy if there was not water in the tank. That I think is hard on them. If I have drained our water tank when we start it up it is a little noisy till the water gets there
ronstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 04:42 AM   #14
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
You are right about that..but this pump was super noisy and there have been several post about noisy pumps on this forum and a friend of ours just got a 3670 and the noisy pump, Mission tires and low grade mattress were the main complaints.. Little things maybe but we pay enough for these units..
Old 10-11-2005, 11:07 AM   #15
Heli 190
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4448
We have a new 3670 we bought in Aug,05. The water pump in our unit is very noisy. A lot of it is caused where the pipes go through the various bulk heads. I bought some foam pipe wrap and wrapped as many of these locations as possible. It helped some, but I think a lot of the noise is caused by the way the pump is mounted to the floor.I plan on installing some rubber dampners between the pump and the floor and make sure there is flex line coming from the pump to the water lines. If all this does not quite it down ,it will mean a new pump. Walt
Heli 190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 02:15 PM   #16
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Toured the factory oct 4th..The noisy pump problem may be solved as they had rubber dampers on the pump. The dangling water lines in the forward compartments were also re routed. Actually we seldom use the pump unless we are at a flying J or a rest area.We will be placing our order for the 3670 in Feb of 06 so we will keep a eye on this thread for 3670 reports.