Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2020, 04:41 PM   #41
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Dexter's guarantee looks good until you realize you have to prove you didn't bend their axle, which is impossible. At least they did give me a complete axle (which best I can tell costs around $1000) so I was only out $200 for the installation.

Dexter guarantee wasn't an issue for me because I hit a post in a fueling station. Croft Trailer in KC fabricated the new axle and shipped it to Florida for $384.28, $80 was shipping charge. $267.55 to have it installed.

Old 03-21-2020, 10:17 AM   #42
Camp CA
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
I'll try and remember all the repairs I've made so far after living in my 2019 384BR since August of 2018 and total road mileage on my rig now is around 2650 miles, mostly all of it on the interstate...............
We are sorry for your issues and share your frustration. We purchased a 6 year extended warranty with a $0 deductible that allows you to use any professional rv repair service, even a mobile rv guy for our new 2020 Montana. It even covers "operator errors". Could have come in really handy on my 2004 Everest fifth wheel to repair several "expensive" operator errors and on our 2014 High Country fifth wheel to repair the molding / sliding pantry / kitchen shelving that they fell apart after each trip.
Camp CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 03:02 PM   #43
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Nothing has changed. We owned a 2006 2895RL and lived in it fulltime for 6+ years. We had most of the very same problems back then too. We will never ever buy a Keystone product again.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 08:04 PM   #44
jeepjrn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24167
Thankfully

Not to be smart or sarcastic, but I’m certainly thankful that I started RV’ing before joining MOC or any RV club for that matter well before I started RV’ing years ago. Sincerely, with all the problems and issues listed in every newsletter I would have stuck to a car and a motel room. It sounds like RV’ing is for those whom want to constantly repair their RV and make trips to the dealer, or for those that eventually will at some point. Wow, I’ve really had my naive eyes opened up in the last year of being an MOC member as I never knew so many things could go wrong with an RV in the first year or two of ownership. Although I’ve had some issues, but I sure feel lucky after reading post after post with problems and repair issues. Thankfully my truck is trouble free and I’m still one of those whom have not had a serious issue like bent axles, walls coming loose from the frame, etc. etc. etc. I guess I’m very fortunate in that I can still list myself as one of those that eventually will. Imagine if you had the same amount of troubles with your truck, you’d have to quit work just to keep up on all the repairs to both.
2019 Chevy 3500 SWD
jeepjrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 09:05 PM   #45
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Remember, Montana has sold more units than any other, over 100,000, and still going strong at 21 years running. I had more problems with individual units from Heartland and FR than the 3 of my Montana’s combined.
We hear of the problems but not the majority with few to no complaints.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote