Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2003, 06:14 PM   #1
Montana_309
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #309
Dealership Antics...

Maybe I'm just getting old and crabby (almost 39 ...

Just had my 7500 mile service done at the dealership where I bought the truck. They gave me a nice little pamphlet this morning that said, in big bold letters "Diesel Total Price ... $74.53" Right below they claimed "Additional $6.38 for Rotella oil" and further down, under "(*)" for 'tire rotation', "Add $12.00 for Dually".

So far so good - $92.91 plus tax doesn't seem too outrageous.

I get there this evening to pick her up - and they present me with a bill of $102.02. Wow, that's a lot of tax, I think to myself, until I see this little category "SHOP SUPPLIES - $6.06"...

So, I ask what that's all about. Well, "that's the cleaning supplies, rags, etc." - Oh great, you gave me cleaning supplies, rags, etc?! Well, no. That's what we 'used up' servicing your truck. - Huh? Does that include the mechanic's toilet paper? Oh well.

So I check the truck, and something seems off. I get in and start driving away. Then it hits me - my tires looked wrong. The white "Good Year ..." is gone. I stop, get out to make sure - and, yep, it's gone. Hmmm... They did rotate the tires (after all, I had to shell out $12 extra for the dually). So, I check the book to see why the tires come out this way and - according to the 'by the book' recommended rotation schema - they shouldn't. So I drive back, and ask them to please "fix" my tires by putting them on according to the book. They tell me that 'their' way to rotate tires (I believe they switched inner and outer duallies) is better than the book. I say, that might be, but I'd like them rotated according to the owners manual... What really ticked me off was the sales manager's comments: he asked what I based my concern on, whether I had as much experience as a "service manager" as his, and then told me that I was "unreasonable" - because I wanted my service (including my tire rotation) done according to the Owners Manual...

Yeah, I guess I must be; or maybe I'm just old and crabby

Alain.

2003 Dodge 3500 QC HO-CTD 4x4 DRW
2003 Montana 2850RK

Montana_309 is offline   Reply With Quote