Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2006, 10:08 AM   #1
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Need a favor from a 3400rl owner

If it is possible, I would like to get the measurements of the table/sofa slide, tv/desk slide, and kitchen slide when fully extended. I need to know how long each slide is as well as how far they extend out from the side of the coach. My marina is doing some updating at my campground down at the lake and I want to make sure I will have enough room to get all my slides open. I do not think the bedroom will be a problem but if you could include that one as well I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance for taking the time to get these numbers for me.

Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:22 AM   #2
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Dave,

Your bed slide upstairs moves out 24" max. The kitchen slide is also 24" max. Your other two, the dinnete/sofa and the entertainment both move out 38" max, I think. One way to find out is if you can look under each of those slides and look thru the hole in the frame where the hydraulic cylinder shaft comes thru, you should be able to see the end of the cylinder. If you can tell me what color they are, I can tell you what the stroke is. Black cylinder, the stroke is 24". Grey cylinder, the stroke is 38". Let me know and I can tell you for sure.

Dale
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 11:59 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
MIMf..boy do I like that post..You just let me know that I can get the slides all the way out while parked along side the house without hitting the house and without extending into the neighbors yard with the 3400 we are going to buy...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 12:25 PM   #4
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Dale,
Thank you for the depth measurements, now all I need are the lengths of each slide. The reason I can not get them from my coach is the garage it is parked in is 105" wide and w/ my coach being 96" wide leaves approx. 4.5" of room on each side. Last time I checked I am sure not that skinny to squeeze on down the side of the coach. My main concern is between the entertainment slide and the kitchen slide. I am going to try and have the marina put the power, water, and sewer hook ups between those two slides. Thanks again,
Dave
Old 01-10-2006, 01:20 PM   #5
foggyb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1351
Dave do you need the size of the hole in the side or the flange length? We are set up here in florida and can do it anyway you wish. Dan
foggyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:52 PM   #6
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Dan,
If you could give me the length of each slide from corner to corner including the flange that would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:06 AM   #7
foggyb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1351
Hi Dave Here they are--Kitchen=83" desk=841/2" sofa=154" Hpoe that helps. Dan
Old 01-11-2006, 10:27 AM   #8
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Dan,
That is perfect. Thank you so much for getting those numbers for me. Now I can head down to the campground and get the layout finished. Thanks again, Dave.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:48 AM   #9
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by foggyb

Hi Dave Here they are--Kitchen=83" desk=841/2" sofa=154" Hpoe that helps. Dan
Ok here is one more request..How HIGH are the slides from ground level to the TOP of the slide.. The Montana will be a lot higher off the ground than our Terry TT and we need to know that the slides are not so high off the ground as to hit our roof overhang..The side of the camper that will be on the house side wiil be the sofa/dinett side. If it is more than 9 feet off the ground we have a problem in that we would not be able to FULLY extend the slide when parked along side the house...It would still come out far enough to load/unload and we could just pull forward when needed as we have a 60 foot driveway. Thanks...
Old 01-12-2006, 09:00 AM   #10
foggyb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1351
Hi Rich 9'10" sorry about that!!!
Old 01-12-2006, 10:28 AM   #11
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by foggyb

Hi Rich 9'10" sorry about that!!!
Thanks for the info.I kind of thought it was higher than 9 feet.We can work around that.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:15 PM   #12
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Rich,
You are lucky to be able to even park it along your house or in your driveway. My drive is 1.5 car lengths long and there is no room on the side of it for more than a lawn mower. My coach takes up 90% of the curb length infront of the house. The entire neighborhood knows when I have the coach home, (you cant miss it!) Oh the things we do to have the enjoyment that our Montana's bring us. =)
Old 01-12-2006, 02:16 PM   #13
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Well we have sort of a large city lot..sort of city anyhow..it is 80 X 330 and a good sized driveway. The pad along side the house is 44 feet long and 12 feet wide from the front edge of the house to the rear edge.From the front edge of the house to the sidewalk is another 60 feet and it is 30 feet wide to the sidewalk.. we have a lot of concrete. We also have a dump station at the rear edge of the driveway and power although we will have to upgrade to 50amps with the Montana.Actually it just might open all the way if we park the Montana over as far as it will go on the pad on the kitchen side but that is another measurement..how wide is the Montana..Our TT although 96 on the inside was 101 on the outside. We are lucky to keep it here and there are other RV's and Boats in the neighborhood..They have been up measuring our driveway.
Old 01-12-2006, 02:25 PM   #14
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Sure sounds like you have an ideal set up for your new Montana Rich.
Old 01-12-2006, 02:31 PM   #15
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
You know we have everythng we need for the conversion over from TT to Fifth wheel Truck,Hitch, bedsaver, Wheel chocks, king pin stablizer.50 to 30 amp plugs..the works..But as Helen observed today..we have everything but the actual camper...slight oversight...
Old 01-12-2006, 02:34 PM   #16
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Before you know it the Feb rv show will be here and you will be placing your order. =)
Old 01-12-2006, 06:43 PM   #17
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Dave
We bought the house we now have just so we could have our RV here with us. Sold a beautiful house that couldn't accommodate an RV and bought this one. We have a 3 car garage and then we put in another driveway and parking spot on the side of the house with wrought iron gates. We had a new electric circuit put in at the rear of the RV drive and have water and sewer. I don't like this house as well as our other one but I like having the Monty here. It is outside my office window and I can look at it and dream. Plus it makes a great guest room.
Rich, we do okay with our 30 amp when parked at the house because you aren't using all the things you would use when camping.
Happy trails..................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 09:08 PM   #18
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Sue,
Sounds like a great idea to me, I think the solution to my problem is I need to buy a new house with some room on the sides for the boat and Montana. But then again my coach is at the lake for 6.5 months a year as well as the boat. I think paying $80 a month for the rv and $50 a month for the boat to have indoor secure storage for 5 months is alot cheaper than all that goes along with moving. Guess if there is a next house I will have to plan ahead. =)
Old 01-12-2006, 10:44 PM   #19
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
This home was built as a all electric home and we converted to natural gas several years ago as a result we have 3 60 amp ckts that once powered the Furnace, hot water tank and stove that are not used.I agree about the 30 amp being enough , never had a problem with the TT, but as you we use the camper as a guest room from time to time and the new one will have 2 A/C's. The power is already here, just have to change some things around and put in a new box outside. As sue says it is nice to have the Camper at home. In fact when Helen is working the mid shift she will at times sleep out in the camper so my stomping around the house does not bother her. Oh well it is very early here and I've got to go get the School bus and pick up my kids..In the 50's here..might hit 60 ..we are loving it...
Old 01-15-2006, 03:55 AM   #20
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Sorry to be such a pest but we are learning from this forum and are attempting to prevent issues and save up front money along the way. I need to know the measurements of the hide-a-bed sofa in a 06 3400. Length, width, depth of the sofa and the inside diameter of the slide it fits into. We will be long timing next year and everything will take increased usage.We are already taking a credit for recliners and will buy ones of our own choice and quality. Will perhaps do the same with the sofa bed if we can find one of acceptable quality and size locally.We do understand that this is RV furniture that is smaller and lighter in weight and both are a consideration in a Rv. Now better quality will normally mean higher weight.But you CAN get better quality , dorm size, Rv size, mobile home size stuff of better quality and acceptable weight.

Since this RV purchase is a "Green field" project we have unlimited options as to what we can do and this forum is very useful in our decision making.