Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-18-2005, 10:40 PM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Decorating Your RV for the Holidays..

Maybe just a tad late but what the heck.....
Decorating Your RV for the Holidays: Come On In And Smell Christmas

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 11:10 PM   #2
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Glenn, these are really good ideas I am not doing any decorateing this year but the park that we are in is having a contest and will pick a winner for the best decorated rig. I must say that there are a lot of nice ones and I enjoy looking at them at night.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 11:36 PM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by prariepoodle

Glenn, these are really good ideas I am not doing any decorating this year but the park that we are in is having a contest and will pick a winner for the best decorated rig. I must say that there are a lot of nice ones and I enjoy looking at them at night.
And guess who had a mental lapse volunteered to be a judge?
I have to announce the winner at Monday Morning Coffee this morning. 1st prize is $100, 2nd $75, 3rd $50.
When I raised my hand to volunteer 3 weeks ago there were only half dozen rigs decorated. Judging was last night and there had to be 75+ of which a dozen went absolutely NUTZ. I mean these folks had barely a foot of undecorated area remaining around their units. Everything from decorated Palm trees, both real and artificial, to Flamingos, yes! Flamingos, along with the regular Christmas stuff. Try to pick just 3 out of that.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:14 AM   #4
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
That's a nice article, Glenn. We've been wondering what the Disney World campground (Fort Wilderness) looks like this week as it is brilliantly light up even on a non-holiday week. Sounds like you've got a little of Fort Wilderness going on there in Seminole.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:19 AM   #5
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Post some photos Glenn, of your winners!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:32 AM   #6
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
We have driven through several of the RV Parks here in Yuma, including ours, and I am amazed at how nice the decorations are. It is fun to walk around ours in the evening. There is a contest going on at our park too. A Montana across the road from us looks to be in the running as a winner. Have yet to talk to the owners though.

adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 05:21 AM   #7
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Judy's idea of hanging things on the louvered doors with S hooks is a good way to decorate. When we decorated our stick house this year, we discussed what will go away, what will go in storage and what will go with the Monty. We have a very small tree with its own tree skirt, lights and very small ornaments. I used to put it up in my office at work. It will be perfect for the end table in the Monty. We also have red rope lights we wind around the awning legs. We've been in parks where people really go all out with decorations and just seeing others makes you feel good if you can't do much yourselves.
Happy trails.....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 11:00 AM   #8
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CountryGuy

Here ya go but bear in mind there are a lot of graphics and photos which have NOT been edited. Some of these are rather large and will require a long load time especially for those with dial up connections. AND the photos do not really do the displays justice. It's one of those.."You really had to be there" things.

Christmas 2005 at Avalon RV Park
Old 12-19-2005, 01:20 PM   #9
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CountryGuy

Here ya go but bear in mind there are a lot of graphics and photos which have NOT been edited. Some of these are rather large and will require a long load time especially for those with dial up connections. AND the photos do not really do the displays justice. It's one of those.."You really had to be there" things.

Christmas 2005 at Avalon RV Park

Those are mobel homes not trailers. so my mother tells me, when ever I call her rig a trailer, she corrects me very quickly that they are mobel homes.

TT2
Old 12-19-2005, 01:30 PM   #10
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
In Florida they are referred to as "park models" and park model or model home at one time or another they were on a set of axles making them trailers. In fact many of the "park models" down here still have their axles but no tires and are required to have a license plate or pay the taxes of a permanent home.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:32 AM   #11
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Thanks for the pictures, Glenn. The download was surprisingly quick even on this old dialup. Looks like they've got the spirit!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 06:53 PM   #12
Starchmill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2070
Send a message via AIM to Starchmill
Looks like fun! Wish I was there. It's cold up here in New Hampshire! Brrrr...
Starchmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 03:09 PM   #13
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Our neighbors in Yuma are all decked out in their Montana and I snapped some pictures but I am spending entirely too much time trying to figure out how to post them so if you click on our journey you will find them at Christmas in a Montana. They did not know about the MOC but they do now.
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 03:18 PM   #14
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Helen,
Your neighbors really get into the holiday decorating. Wonderful pictures, hope to see them on the MOC soon.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote