Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2007, 02:02 PM   #1
W7PSK
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6833
Sigh, Almost

Cant afford the 3400RL right now, but wife really liked the 3000RK

But He just wont come down off MSRP (same guy that offered me 30% off 3400) and it doesn't quite fit either

He trying to talk us into a Sprinter, But I dont like them

Sooo, > < close but no cigar

Maybe If I just let him Stew he will budge

Some day

W7PSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:08 PM   #2
wileecoyote985
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2134
Don't know anybody who has paid MSRP.. Stick to your guns, there are lots of dealers out there.
wileecoyote985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:12 PM   #3
Buffpilot
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5227
Its a bit of a drive, but you might check out Blue Crick RV in Airway Heights, WA. Just 15 miles west of Spokane. They are a great dealership and might give you some leverage with your local dealer. Take Care
Buffpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:40 PM   #4
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
THERE are a lot of hungry dealers out there. There are several folk's on this forum that have got their 3400's better than 25 percent off MSRP. Stick to you guns and shop a few more dealers. Sometime's a little drive will save you several thousand dollars. Welcome to the MOC family. later John
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:56 PM   #5
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Rick,
I see you are over on the coast. Have you considered buying from the east side of Washington? I can get you in contact with a great dealership over here where I bought both of my Montana's. They beat every dealer I called for price quotes from Spokane as far south as L.A. and as far east as Salt Lake City, UT. Let me know if I can facilitate in any way...
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:42 PM   #6
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
The only person who I let talk me into something that goes against my instincts is my wife...

Sure wouldn't let someone who was trying to blatantly get an extra profit off of me...

Stick to your (or probably more realistically, your wife's) instincts and wants. That guy sure isn't looking out for your best interest.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:13 PM   #7
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
I agree with everything said so far. I'll only add this comment. Since he's looking out for himself, he's really doing you a favor. RUN!
Get with Montana Sky and work with a great dealer that WILL look out for you, atleast will get everything right. The dealers should make a profit to stay in business but they (if you choose correctly) should listen to you and get you what you want.
I'm in no way connected with the dealer that Montana Sky is suggesting nor have I ever met the dealer or Montana Sky. But as forum members I've read with interest many of his posts. They were always correct in my opinion when it came to the Montana.
Of course there is always the opinion of TV -)))
HTH
Chuck
PS I may have to start agreeing with the TV opinion if Ford doesn't get it right pretty sooon. -)))
lwcdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 03:42 AM   #8
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Definitely contact Montana Sky. Dave will treat you right. We have met Dave and I would have complete confidence in his offer to help you. Good luck.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 04:06 AM   #9
W7PSK
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6833
thanks all for your comments and help.

My message doesnt read right , but I think you got the gist. The 3400RL was just our of our reach price wise. So I was looking for alternatives. My wife mentioned she wanted rear kitchen and so we went to look at the 3000RK. I figured if he offered me the same as he did the 3400 we would be in business.

But alas he didn't, I wanted to trade in my sprindale and find even after I put cash down I owe about 1k less than what its worth. He did offer me 2k over so that was nice, but in doing that he wont come off of MSRP. Which his reason is he is giving me retail (for a 16k trailer) so he should get retail (for a 54k trailer) which seems odd.

The wife seems reluctant now to look again, so I think even though Skys offer is A fantastic one, that we will have to wait a while longer. Or see if we can find a used Montana come up some day. Its hard though, because we absolutely need a non-smoker as the wife is Highly Allergic. And all the used ones we have been shown as non smokers soo far she had a reaction too, and then the salesman would say, well maybe but we cleaned it well. I haven't been back to those places either.

You people are fantastic on this board and I thank you for helping and the tons of information

Ill go back to lurk and read and let you know what shakes out.

Old 04-06-2007, 05:50 AM   #10
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
W7PSK,
I see you are in Everett, if you are dealing with Foley's RV talk to Bluegill (I guy in Bellingham on this forum) first. We just purchased a 3400RL in Jan. from Tacoma RV for $46,000.00. Bluegill said that would not deal with Foley's again and would drive down I-5 to Tacoma. If you do decide to drive down I-5 asked to deal with the owner, her name is LaDonna. Many from this forum have dealt with Tacoma RV and will tell you they offer a fair price.

Karl
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:35 AM   #11
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Stay away from Foley, I can't believe the high prices that they quoted me.

Try Dale (owner) at D&L RV in Wenatchee. Tell him what you want to pay and I think he will deal. I got a better price for out Big Sky than any other dealer on the west coast including. Spokane never bothered to get back to me with a price after they said they would.
25 to 30% off of MSRP is hard to come by but doable.
Good luck on what ever you decide to do.
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:28 AM   #12
W7PSK
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6833
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rldriver

Try Dale (owner) at D&L RV in Wenatchee. Tell him what you want to pay and I think he will deal.
Thanks, I just Emailed him and said I was inquiring and that I had been working with foley and he was high and outside .

Laid out exactly all about my spring dale so there is no surprises.

see what he says.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:03 AM   #13
W7PSK
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6833
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by W7PSK

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rldriver

Try Dale (owner) at D&L RV in Wenatchee. Tell him what you want to pay and I think he will deal.
Thanks, I just Emailed him and said I was inquiring and that I had been working with foley and he was high and outside .

Vell heck ... maybe somebody trying to tell me something.

haven't heard a word yet. Ill wait another day before trying someone else till I find someone that wants to talk.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:01 PM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I'd be looking for another dealer or emailing them online with specifics of what I want. By the way, you might get a better deal by ordering one rather than buying one off the lot. Good luck.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:09 AM   #15
W7PSK
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6833
Thanks Sreigle,

I finally took advice and wrote sky and got a name. Which just happens to be in the town I visit often
as my Wifes mom and my relatives all live in . So I told the dealer such and I have no problem going
over there.

I figured it out, Foley was trying to get basically MSRP for the Keystone.

He figured it like this (Since I owe on my trailer)

54K for the Monte
1024 for the hitch
17K Trade in.

leaves 38K

Then he adds back in the 16,500 payoff.

Ok so everyone says yea he has to pay it off.

BUT, What about him now selling my Trailer, I wind up paying it off (because he added back into the finance)

and he gets to sell it free and clear, so not only does he profit off the monte he profits off of mine

Yish.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:30 AM   #16
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
W7PSK,

I second the nomination for salesman of the year to La Donna at Tacoma RV. I spent 18 months researching prices on our model, ended up buying one at an RV show in Tacoma just 15 miles from where we lived. She gave me a price I couldn't beat on an '05, and when I asked about the 06 and told her we could not take posession until 06, she asked for $2k down and gave us the show price of the 05 on the 06. BTW, she also stored it for 2 months without ANY other payment until we were ready to pick it up. No strings attached. Never any pressure.

I might add that talking to the salesman in person is a whole lot different than trying to get a quote on the phone or the internet.

It is hard to beat that type of service. All of their Monty's come with all of the accessories...so no need to haggle about the small stuff. Of course there are other things you can add, like big frig etc., but by doing your homework ahead of time, you walk in with a big
advantage to save moooola.

Also, I might add (knock on wood), we have not had one single failure on any component that I couldn't easily fix. OOps, forgot about the 1/2 time oven.....they did fix it in about 10 minutes, and showed me how to do it...no charge.

Hang in there, and when you hear the word Foley...RUN!

simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:30 AM   #17
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Rick, many Montana owners and owners of other brands will travel half way across the US to get a good deal so don't be afraid to buy from someone else. Sounds like someone is trying to give you a bad deal.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:04 AM   #18
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
It's a lot like banks and credit card companies. They try to twist every angle and legal loophole to make a profit - like cc companies putting in the fine print that they can monitor all three of you and your wife's credit reports to see if you are late on ANY payment - anywhere (house, car, dept store card - ANYTHING). Then they declare they have the right to increase the interest rate on your card to the "default rate" - upwards of the low 30's - even though you have never been late with them, ever. (Reference: Bank of America CEO being pulled up in front of Congress a few months ago.)

These guys try to look for loopholes to make profit. Morals go right out the window.

This kind of stuff is rampant.

The problem with Congress trying to regulate/discipline the banking industry is this: Most Congressmen (and women) have large stock portfolios. Now follow me on this...

Those Congressmen on the Banking committee are there because they are from the banking industry, or have extensive experience in the banking industry - makes sense. Because of this "experience", they also have their portfolios heavily weighted with financial industry stock/preferred stocks/etc.

Now... This hearing consisted of an irrate (and justifiably so) consumer who had a Bank of America credit card. He had never carried a balance and he always paid off the entire balance on time. He received a letter from B/A stating that his default interest (30%+) rate was now in effect on his card, because he was slightly late on a car payment - nothing whatsoever to do with B/A or one of their affliates.

The B/A CEO gets up for his turn and "sincerely apologizes" to this consumer that this happened. GIVE ME A BREAK! This CEO had no idea his corporation was doing this??? This is really an insult to our intelligence (maybe not some, though).

The Congressional committee's response to this? To the B/A CEO (with a smile - which I found odd): We're going to keep an eye on your industry."

I'm sure they will... It's where they receive alot of their dividend income from. This is classical "the fox watching the hen house" scenario. When that consumer's interest rate jumped, these Congressmen profited indirectly (directly?). This B/A CEO probably went out to lunch afterward with some of these committee members. After all, they are large investers in his company.

I made the above point to illustrate that the consumer - be it credit cards or Montana fifth wheels - really needs to be careful and not assume that these dealerships (and financial institutions) are above raking you over the coals in what most would consider an immoral way.

The consumer is really at a disadvantage out there. And they are regularly taken advantge of. Congress is in a Catch 22 on many things (especially financial) that come before them: Their pocketbook vs their constituents. Tough call for anyone...

Fortunately, MOCers have each other for a resource that is extremely valuable. No hidden agenda or conflict of interest here... I can't tell you the pain and money this forum have saved Cheryl and I over these past two years. "Invaluable" is not even close to an appropriate description for us.

Almost need an (trusted) attorney to go over everything anymore, when you buy a car, fifth wheel, truck, Walmart purchase...
Old 04-10-2007, 05:30 AM   #19
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I want to apologize if I misunderstood or had wrong information above. It is possible that when U.S Representatives and U.S Senators are appointed to their respective banking committees, that they are required to divest themselves (along with their spouses, immediate family, maybe close friends) from any financial investments that may cause any possible conflict of interest.

I apologize in advance if I had that wrong...

Anyway, Rick, you can be confident of the help you will receive here. We put out bids (with Richfaa doing most of the legwork - thanks, Rich!) all over the Midwest and ended up driving 300 miles - but saved over $4,000 over anyone else and ended up dealing with one of the best dealerships possible (Bill Tea - Town & Country, Clyde OH).

Dave (Montana Sky) will be a great resource to you out there in your area.