Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2020, 09:38 AM   #1
rmasse10
Established Member

M.O.C. #26787
Underbelly Drain Leaking

I read thru a bunch of threads but I am not sure what to make of them. I am relatively new to RV's' but since I own a boat that my wife and I typically live on, I understand the systems as they are basically all the same, just 1 sits on wheels and 1 sits in the water, except for this.

So all of a sudden i start to notice a strong drip coming from the bottom center of my 2021 3761FL and my first thought was that it was coming from the Fridge as I was having issues with the Fridge freezer freezing up. Not the case, as it keeps going and does not stop. I eventually found the fridge drain line, but this is dead center of the rig, white hose sticking straight out the bottom.

It appears to be connected to the low point water lines in the command center as if I open the cold, the drip stops, and if I cut city water to the rig, the drip stops.

I called the dealership and the tech I spoke with said it was either some valve (I dont remember the name of it) or the water is pushing thru the water pump for some reason. He asked if I had a pressure regulator on, which I do and it is set at 50....

He also said I am not doing any damage, but it just concerns me as I cant get the rig to them for at least a week and would hate to being doing damage to it....anyone have any thoughts as to what is going on, is the tech correct or full of ****...etc

anything you guys may know would be helpful

thanks again

rob

rmasse10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 10:18 AM   #2
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
My first thought is a loose water line behind the inconvenience center.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:18 AM   #3
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Mine is a much older unit so I am probably of little help. There are only three hoses sticking out of the coroplast on mine. Two towards the front on driver side are the hot and cold low point drains. The one towards the middle of the rig is the fresh water holding tank drain. Does the white hose sticking out the bottom have a cap on the end? If it does that will be the drain for your fresh water tank. Is the drip coming out of the hose? If it is often times that cap will seep a little.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:22 AM   #4
rmasse10
Established Member

M.O.C. #26787
I would have believed that, but 1, there is no cap, and 2 there is no water in the fresh water tank. If I turn off city water or open up the low water point drain, the drip stops almost immediately, until I turn it back on again, the it starts right back up immediately.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:27 AM   #5
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Then I believe Montana Man is on the right track. There is a loose connection somewhere. Common places are behind the convenience center or at the water pump. Good luck finding it. update us on your findings.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:32 AM   #6
rmasse10
Established Member

M.O.C. #26787
Is there any easy way to get behind the "inconvenience center"

With the little snooping I have done so far around there, you would think there would be an access panel or something that opens up easily to get behind it or maybe I am just missing something
Old 09-11-2020, 12:09 PM   #7
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmasse10 View Post
Is there any easy way to get behind the "inconvenience center"

With the little snooping I have done so far around there, you would think there would be an access panel or something that opens up easily to get behind it or maybe I am just missing something
Should be 6 screws holding the panel on from the garage side in front of the convenience panel. Easy to remove and you get good access.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 01:52 PM   #8
Tom N OH
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17678
What model? Residential fridge or RV? Is the fitting near the rear of the unit, or near the axles?
Tom N OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 02:26 PM   #9
Rozeboom
Established Member

M.O.C. #9990
What is garage side
Rozeboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 02:27 PM   #10
Wheelhouse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11462
Open and remove the drain coupling completely and check the o-rings. It may be a matter of replacing them. O-rings breakdown over time or there might be a small piece of debis preventing it to seal.
Good luck ������
Wheelhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 02:30 PM   #11
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozeboom View Post
What is garage side
The area forward of the convenience center with the pass through garage or basement.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:31 AM   #12
rmasse10
Established Member

M.O.C. #26787
So its only like 2 months old and I have a laundry list of issues that I want fixed and a couple of upgrades installed so it is back to the dealer for a few days to get all that done...I will let you know what the final outcome was as soon as I get it back. Hoping they will give me a documented list of things they did to it

thanks

rob
Old 09-24-2020, 11:36 AM   #13
Randy E
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21626
There should be a cap on the white drain line in the center of the rig. This is the drain for the Ice Maker on my 3791RD. There is a second shut off valve inside the kitchen, mine is under the bottom drawer next to the fridge. Follow the water line out of the fridge to find it. This shuts water off to the fridge. The drain outside then drains out the excess water in the line. If the cap is missing, and the inside shut off is not fully closed, it will leak out the white drain. When you shut off the city water, the pressure stops pushing water thru to the fridge. Look to find the inside shut off valve. See if it's fully closed / open. Then find the cap for the drain. You will need it to pressurize the line to the ice maker.
2016 Chevy DD 4x4
Randy E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 01:44 PM   #14
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
get behind the convience center, if no water than you probably will need to drop the bottom.

I'd get it back to the dealer since it is a 2021
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 03:12 PM   #15
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy E View Post
There should be a cap on the white drain line in the center of the rig. This is the drain for the Ice Maker on my 3791RD. There is a second shut off valve inside the kitchen, mine is under the bottom drawer next to the fridge. Follow the water line out of the fridge to find it. This shuts water off to the fridge. The drain outside then drains out the excess water in the line. If the cap is missing, and the inside shut off is not fully closed, it will leak out the white drain. When you shut off the city water, the pressure stops pushing water thru to the fridge. Look to find the inside shut off valve. See if it's fully closed / open. Then find the cap for the drain. You will need it to pressurize the line to the ice maker.
This was my thought. The question is are you using the ice maker and is it working? I used an elbow and length of pex tubing on mine to extend it to the side so I don't have to crawl under to drain that line.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 05:09 AM   #16
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
What RandyE said. On our 3791RD, we also have a shut off under the kitchen sink island. That shut off is behind the drain you are describing, so if yours is like ours, this is the valve you need to turn off. We have a second one under the drawer next to the fridge, but it is past the drain, so it will not stop the leak under the rig. Only stop water going to the ice maker.
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 11:25 AM   #17
Joe in Texas
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10881
Hope you have a good service garage. That your trailer is not out of service for 6. Months like CW....and still half the items not addressed
Joe in Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 05:27 PM   #18
jdarwin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21728
We have a 2019 3931FB. Our fresh water drain is a white tube coming out of the coroplast at the back of the rig. We have a blue tube coming out behind the rear axle. We have a residential fridge. Is the blue line the drain for the ice maker?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	47492884-B6BD-4564-8D16-7028C885DA6A.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	179.6 KB
ID:	7387  
jdarwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 04:40 AM   #19
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
Sorry, rmasse10. I re-read your original post. Am I correct that the leak is NOT coming from a drain line but dripping directly out of the coroplast on the bottom center of the rig? I didn't catch the first time that you had already found the drain for the ice maker. If that is the case, then is must be a leak in a water line between the floor and coroplast. Especially if opening the low point drain relieves the pressure on the leak and the leak stops. I'm afraid the only way to find it will be to pull the coroplast.

JDarwin, the color of the pex, blue, only indicates that it is a cold water line. Red is used for hot water lines (at least most of the time). The rear most drain is for the fresh water tank. The one in the center, in front of the axles, is for the ice maker line to your residential fridge.
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 04:44 AM   #20
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
There is a current thread on the forum now about washing machine drain pans. One post mentions his pan drain line is a flexible hose without a cap. Do you have a washing machine in your unit?...just throwing it out there for consideration.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote