Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2005, 12:48 PM   #1
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
First of all ... Welcome to the MOC! You'll soon discover, if you haven't already, a wealth of information, as well as a great group of people here. The first post is the hardest, so now that you've gotten that out of the way, just jump right in and join the fun.

As far as your questions go ... other than a 2nd AC unit (a no-brainer I would say for Arizona), I'm really not qualified to give an opinion as to how well a Montana will do in that extreme heat. I'm sure others will be along who can help you with that issue.

To help you decide what options to order, I would suggest that you see if you can get an options list/order form from your dealer before you go to make your deal. That way you'll have plenty of time to decide/research which options you can/cannot live without. There are so many and just as many opinions as to whether or not you really "need" any of them.

As far as what size to go with ... IMHO, I would suggest comfort and convenience now. Again IMHO, I don't think it's quite so "traumatic" to downsize to a larger, more comfortable and convenient unit.

As far as a floorplan, go with what makes you say "I'm Home!!!" when you first walk in. There have been posts here suggesting that you also spend some time in the unit and pretend you're living in it ... move around the kitchen as if you're preparing a meal, walk around in the bedroom like you're getting dressed in the morning, etc. This really helps you to decide if there's enough "wiggle" room and if there's room for all your stuff.

We're full-timers and our 3295RK is our 2nd Montana (our 2880RL had no room for a washer and dryer and that was a non-negotiable option for me). Good luck and have fun in making all the upcoming decisions.
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote