Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2006, 01:19 AM   #61
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Have you seen the new Cedar Creek fulltimer called DayDreamer yet, WOW now that's a paint job, and a nice looking rig.

Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 01:56 AM   #62
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
What would it cost to do paint vs decals, even at the manufacturer level?? Anyone have any ideas??
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 09:00 PM   #63
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Carol,
I checked with one body shop here in town last year and got a price of $4,800 to take off each decal and paint the same graphic in its place. That also included adding another clear coat to the entire rig, after seeing that estimate I chose not to look any farther into having that done. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that Keystone will offer the full body paint as an option by the time I order my next Montana.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 01:31 AM   #64
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Montana Sky,

Ouch, that would be out of our comfort zone.

We hope to have our Montana for MANY years to come, by the time we trade, maybe we will be pulling these things by space cars! HAHA
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 12:39 PM   #65
Montana_5390

M.O.C. #5390
My decal peeling is getting worse by the day and I can't get an answer from my dealer or Keystone as to what I should do. I talked to an attorney and he suggested that if there are enough owners with similar problems we may consider a "class action" to get them to address the problem.

So, I guess this is the place to try to get an idea as to how many and who have similar problems.
Montana_5390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 01:20 PM   #66
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I asked a Montana/Moutaineer District sales rep about the peeling decal issue last month at a RV show and he said that according to Keystone data it was not a significant issue.So that would mean that it is not a issue or we are not reporting the problem to Keystone. 7 pages on the subject might mean that it is a issue..but I guess not.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 04:07 PM   #67
Montana_5390

M.O.C. #5390
If I go back to my Keystone dealer to trade for a new model, will he look at my peeling decals an say, "that is not a significant issue"?

Will he allow the same dollar amount for my 2001, RL3255 that he would if this insignificant issue didn't exist?

Will he also be unconcerned that replacement decals are no longer available?

This is, most definitely, a significant issue to those of us with the problem and nowhere to turn. I've been to two dealers, so far. I get a blank stare after the dealer finds out there are no replacements and I ask what to do next.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:45 PM   #68
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Add us to the list of peeling decals. Bob removed the clouds on the front cap because they looked so tacky. The decals on the sides are lifting and looking tacky as well. We, too, have taken good care of our unit.
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 02:11 PM   #69
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
mike3255. We were at our Montana Dealer Friday and we asked the parts person about Decals for Montana's. She said that except maybe for some of the very early models decals could be ordered for all Montana's .I could not remember the year/ model of your Montana at the time.I know you are way down in Alabama but you might want to confirm availability with these folks...The are Town & Country Rv, in Clyde, Ohio E mail www.townandcountryrvcenter.com Phone 419-547-0708 parts persons name is Cindy Vickery.You might remind her that Rich& Helen From N. Ridgeville had inquired about decals for you but had the wrong model Montana. The decals can be ordered with about 5 computer key strokes. She printed me out the form for the decals on a 2005 montana. The are 22 seperate decals. I note the 3255 was made up till 2004. would 2004 Decals fit on your 2001 model if they do not have the 2001 decals. Cindy will let you know what can be had. These are very nice folks.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:19 AM   #70
Montana_5390

M.O.C. #5390
richfaa,
Thank you for your help. My RL3255 is a 2001 model. The problem I have run into is that there seem to be no decals available for models prior to 2003. Every year is totally different. I can purchase a complete set for a later year model for around $600 plus installation. The outline of the original decals will probably still show. I have a second dealer attempting to find a 2001 set for me right now, but my original dealer, from whom the fiver was purchased, has said they were not available. Maybe I'll try Cindy if I can't get help from this second dealer.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:49 AM   #71
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Just did a walk around my coach to check out all the decals. Everything looks great, did not find any decals peeling, lifting, or cracking. I did find one corner on the kitchen slide decal that is starting to lift up, more than not it was from the towel I used last year to finish drying the coach. Will take a small dab of super glue and fix that. I hope in the future I will not be having a problem with these decals, it would/will drive me nuts to have my coach not looking better than the day I bought it.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 06:26 AM   #72
Montana_5390

M.O.C. #5390
richfaa,
Well, my second try was also a strike-out. I called Cindy and have emailed pictures. She says she may have someone who can duplicate the decals I need. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:03 AM   #73
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Town & Country are good folks.If there is a way to get the decals they will find it.I and sure there are a lot of good dealers out there but these guys are awesome ,When I gave the Owner, Bill Tea my, PDI list and my MOC hit list I said I felt sort of bad because the dealer had to deal with all the workman ship issues and mistakes that the factory made. His reply was.. You paid your money to me, not Montana, It is the dealers resposibility to satisfy the customer. He also said that he felt that Keystone paid for warranty work fairly and were responsive to his needs.He said that the customer should never have to deal with manufacturer on any issue, that was the dealers responsibility and if the dealer failed in that he did not deserve to have me as a customer/and could not understand how a dealer could stay in business if they did not serve the customer.Everyone in that dealership that I have talked to has been polite and responsive and as some of you may be aware of..I am not easy to please????
Old 04-03-2006, 09:33 AM   #74
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Has anyone been able to come up with decals for a 2002 Montana yet? Heck, I'd be willing to pay to take off our old ones and have the newer decals applied if I can come up with the decals.

Keystone said a year ago or so that we'd have to order thru a dealer to get any but I also think Keystone should give us decals if the old ones are not staying put.

I can try Keystone again if someone has a newer name, email or phone number of someone who might be more responsive.

Thanks.
D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote