Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2005, 05:47 AM   #1
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
My Montana Nicer than my Stick Home

I was visiting my Montana yesterday, and in looking around I came to the reality that my 3400RL is nicer than my stick home. I love my stick home, on 2 acres, deer in the back yard, ducks fly in every nite for corn too, etc...

Had to chuckle tho, as I was looking around in it getting prepared to leave to Florida in like 26 days, It has so much new stuff in it, made me consider my husbands offer to start fulltiming..

Anyone else feel this way????

Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 06:01 AM   #2
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Full timing? You know I want to do that Sis. I never knew my Brother in Law was even in the mind set to consider such a thing. There sure is a lot of beautiful country to see.

These days I am liking my Montana way better than my home, especially when I can clean her in under 2 hours very thoroughly.

I know Dick is starting to rethink the possibility of full timing and getting more used to the idea. Although he would still prefer a stick house. I have two more years to work on him, so one never knows we just may end up doing it for a while.

I know Vicki and Steve are loving it and so are Jim and Karan. They are the only MOC-ers I have gotten to know well and met in person that are full timing. They sure all look great and have that wonderful look of total contentment.

Hugs honey and hope to see you soon. If not have a great time in Florida.

Love you,
Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 06:49 AM   #3
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Well, well, well, the SISTER from the land of the lost. Where the heck have you been?

Beautiful pic, and you both look so happy

P.S. Vince's idea of fulltiming would be parking the RV somewhere and as he does at home, watch T.V., not my kind of fulltiming...
Old 01-10-2005, 10:01 AM   #4
Montana_2230
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2230
SInce my wife retired last Friday, I think we might start the thought process on doing a heck of lot more traveling (maybe not full timing). We like our place here in Florida and would probably keep it, but want do some long range traveling. Our only problem is that we have three big old sassy cats and 2 dogs. We are strugging with that issue now. We can't bare to get rid of any of them. So we have decided to start a training program for the dogs by making some local trips and see how they and we do in the confined space. I don't think the cats will be much of a problem. One of them has always camped with us and loves it.

Our dogs are pretty good size, one a Chow and the other just an old multi mix yard dog who now lives in the house because she is so old.

Now that we both are retired, kenneling the pets is just too costly for us.
Montana_2230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 03:40 PM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Sue, when we started fulltiming we figured by the two-year mark we'd either be burned out or bored or both. But, after 21 months, we figure now we need five or six more years to see all the beautiful things in this country. In 21 months we've barely scratched the surface!

We arrived today at Riversend RV Park on Tybee Island, Savannah, GA. We'll be here until early March. If you guys go by here on your way to Florida, feel free to stop in. Or holler and we'll get together for lunch or a cup as you pass by.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 04:23 AM   #6
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Thanks Steve for the invite, but we will have horses in tow and we can't stop and do any socializing. Horses have a very unique system, by that I mean they can't throw up (sorry to be so blunt) so once we get going we only stop long enough to either get fuel in the trucks or fuel in us, and this gives them just enough time to wiz (they usually won't do this if the vehicle is in motion). So if they are feeling a little under the weather, un necessary stops are out of the question, but your welcome to come visit us in Florida!!

Having a sick horse is NO FUN For the long huals they get what's called a "shipping cocktail". The vet pumps in oil in their system to keep everything moving.

There I go again educating you guys, sorry.
Old 01-11-2005, 10:27 AM   #7
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Terrie and I would like to take extended (one, two or three months) trips once we retire. That's still a ways off. But, I've kept her out of Colorado since we got married and we have a great lot that we own with year round views of snow capped peaks, two lots from where her sister lives. Fortunately, her sister and brother-in-law like to RV also. They introduced us to boon docking last year, which we really enjoyed. But, I could easily spend a lot of time per year on the road, especially if that's what it takes to see grandkids.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote