Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2009, 03:43 PM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Update on front jack problem from last year

Went to the dealer today to see what the damage was on the front jack system that I reported about at the end of last year. I thought it was because the jacks could have possibly been in a bind of sorts since I had to start the raising and lowering process with the manual jacking fall-back system beofer the motor would take over. Prognosis from the dealer was the motor had a dead area in it (not my words and I am not an electrical engineer so I have no means of deciphering this technical code). Regardless, motor was replaced under extended warranty (extended service plan) and we think we are ready for the annual Spring excursion to Beech Fork State Park near Huntington, WV for the week after Easter. Seems like every Spring that extended warranty or whatever you prefer to call it comes in handy for something or another. C'Mon SPRING, 81 degrees in Winfield today and supposed to be 77 tomorrow and I don't think I can stand the wait until April!!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:20 PM   #2
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Glad they found the problem and fixed it. They seem to be pretty good up there were you are at; perhaps it would be worth the extra drive when I need something done. I will definitely keep them in mind!
Old 03-09-2009, 09:36 AM   #3
EagleRunner
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5255
Bingo,

I have heard that sometimes a motor can develop "flat" spots and when that happens the motor loses its ability to engage when current is applied to the windings of the motor if that "flat" spot happens to be positioned just right. I had to replace one of our AC units on the stick house because of this problem. Somtimes it would engage and other times it would draw so much current trying to engage that it would rattle the walls before tripping the breaker. I guess it could happen just as well with any motor. Perhaps there will be others who have experienced the same thing who may have more info on what causes this.

Glad to hear you have it repaired. Enjoy your Spring excursion!

Tom
EagleRunner is offline   Reply With Quote