Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-13-2007, 10:57 AM   #1
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Pomona RV Show

I was looking at the manufactures that will be at the Pomona RV Show, and was suprised to see that the only Keystone product at the show will be the Carrage.............. No Lorados, Montanas, none of them, it was the same last year too. I think that Mike Thompson RV might bring a few from there stock but thats it.
I wonder why................

Old 10-13-2007, 01:23 PM   #2
txkrumm
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5920
We were at the Pomona show last year and Mike Thompson's RV was there and had just about every model/floor plan in the Montana line. We met Charlie Wade and had a nice long discussion with him and some other Montana folk.
We won't be making the show this year; just arrived home in Livingston,MT this am. Hope its a good one!
t
txkrumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 03:11 PM   #3
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
Well you are miss informed. THey have about 8 or 9 Montanas, 5-6 Mountaineers, 2 Big Sky the l34 and another floor plan but I don't remember which one.
Spoke to Factory Rep Kevin Farnham for about 45 minutes. We discussed several things including the Misson Tires.
Anyway I know first hand that they units are there.
RMccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 03:16 PM   #4
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
I am sorry the Big Sky 340. not whatever I typed before and 1 other Big Sjy unit. In fact we looked at some sweet units.
Teton homes had a new 32' model that is designed for the RV'er that wants to tow with something less than a Kodiak 5500. It has a GVW of 15500 and was nice. Also about 1/2 the price of their top of the line 39 foot models. It was a double slide unit. Same construction and R values . Very tempting however we want a bit more floor space and are about to commit to the 340 Big Sky.
Also looked at Day Dreamers, Cedar Creek SilverBacks, Mobil and Select Suites, I can't even remember all the units we went through but they were all pretty much there.
What I would have expected to see were more after market vendors but they had a fair number of them. No JT Stabilizers etc.
Bob
Old 10-13-2007, 06:02 PM   #5
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Bob I went on the web site and saw the list of dealers, and the cambrage was the only Keystone product mentioned, see link.

http://www.carvshow.com/
then tag RV on display.
Then
Click Here for Manufacturer Exhibitor Listing

I do know for a fact that Mike Thompson is the biggest dealer there that brings a lot of Keystone RV's to the show. because I bought mine from him there in 04.

and I'll stick to what I said Keystone will not be there it will be Mike Thompsons inventory there.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:28 PM   #6
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
Hey I am not arguing with you about what the web site says. I am just saying that I was all over that place today and they were there. Enter through gate c walk about 50 yards dead ahead make a left and another 30-40 yards and look to your left and you will be staring at them.
The factory rep was great and spent a ton of time with us. My understanding is that the RV's there are owned by the Mfgr's but become the inventory of the dealer if not sold. Of course orders can be made also. THe factory rep said that Big Sky orders would be delivered last week of November which for us would be no problem as we are not in a super hurry.
I did hear from him that the Montana 3650 is going to be discontinued which is a shame as it is one of the plans that we really liked as well.
Another thing he mentioned as we discussed several things and the MOC group and some of the things the MOC owners have mentioned (especially the tires) is that they are looking at that issue and may be changing brands. I also asked if they couldn't go to a G rated tire as well and he indicated that that is also being looked at.
They are also looking at replacing the convention flat screen picture tube TV's in the bedroom at some point with LCD TV's.
If you are thinking of going to the show to see Montana's and Big Sky's go they are there. Along with a ton of Mike Thompson staff. I think the more MOC owners that visit and talk to the rep and bend their ear about changing the tires and some other things the sooner they will address the issue.
He seemed very interested in that and answered every question I had.

Thanks
Bob
Old 10-14-2007, 12:06 PM   #7
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Thanks Bob for the directions and where abouts of the Montana, Keystone exibits, we'll be going this Tuesday, also do the have us parking on the other side of the fair and catching a tram like last year?
Old 10-14-2007, 12:16 PM   #8
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
Yes they do. I heard today that Charles Wade is there today i suppose along with Kevin Farnham from Montana.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:12 AM   #9
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
We went, we saw, and got an eye full, but thats all, as usual Mike Thompson had everything in the Montana line-up, we saw a lot of good changes in construction material for the cabinets, ( drawer slides full extention ) there were a few colors for furnature, and cornice boxes that we liked, our model didn't change too much as far as the floor plan goes excep for the counter top with the Corian look, still the best looking unit out there.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:02 PM   #10
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
Well I hope my directions were good. How did you like the 340RLQ Big Sky?
Old 10-17-2007, 05:14 PM   #11
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RMccord

Well I hope my directions were good. How did you like the 340RLQ Big Sky?
A realy nice RV you and your familey should have many good time inside it's homey atmosphear.