Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2014, 06:20 AM   #1
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
I've added just regular bat insulation like's in the attic of your house more so towards the rear of the main living area, but I don't know if it really did anything. I seldom winter camp. You will have to allow at least a passageway to the galley tank and fresh water tank for the little furnace duct to do what it's designed for. The main tanks lay right at the bottom of the dropped frame, so there's not much room for insulation below them. I have seen people put 2" thick styrofoam strips inbetween the floor beams above your storage compartments. The main thing is to keep any valving or lines away from direct contact with the steel frame as it will always freeze in the area in contact with the cold steel. Thinking a bit differerntly, if I were in need of cold weather under belly protection ... I think I would look into the heated tank option.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote