Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GIRLS gone MOC > House Keeping
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2010, 03:50 PM   #1
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
New W/D and Detergents or Soaps to Use

I read the recent thread on many of you that have w/d's, whether combo or stackables.

Can you provide input as to the detergents or soap that you use?

Tks,

Judy Laf.....from (mail2us)

mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:07 PM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Judy,
We have always used the Splendide brand detergent. I have read that any detergent for HE washers will work but since DW first used the splendide detergent that came with the washer and saw how good it cleaned, she has never tried anything else. We always watch for it on sale at Camping World or the local dealer.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:35 AM   #3
pbahlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9380
I didn't get a sample of Splendide detergent in my washer, but read the book and it said you could use HE detergent but need to adjust the quantity. I use about 1/3 of what I would normally use...and I am using Kirkland Ultra (Costco Brand) have been using it for 3 yrs with great results and we had a septic system in our sticks and bricks house which required HE detergent as well. I have never been disappointed with a Kirkland brand product....use their paper towels and toilet paper (which is also septic approved) and passed the test here on the moc for dissolving.

Hope this helps you.

Betty
pbahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:06 AM   #4
Alwims
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10623
Bingo, we haven't used powder for many, many years, but we are in the experimenting stage with our first Splendide Combo. I'm assuming you guys have had no problems with the powder? Also what kind of Fabric Softener does everyone use. I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but figured this was a good place to ask my questions also. I ordered the book, "Wrinkle-Free RV Laundry" from Sandra Jones, took her advice and I've never seen clothes so wrinkled. I think I was doing a lot better before I read her book. Keep in mind, I'm a man and have never been very good with laundry, even at the stick house.
Alwims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:23 AM   #5
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I will have to ask DW tonight, but I have not heard of any problems with the powder. Ours are separate units and I think she uses dryer sheets but again, I am no laundry aficionado. I remember my laundry adventures early in our marriage being that when I was asked to help with the laundry, I ended up with colors in the whites and results which everyone would expect except for me of course. The advantage is that at least twenty some odd years later, I have not been asked to help with the laundry since!! Oh and back on topic, DW loves the Splendides and the detergent!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:02 AM   #6
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We usse powder, Tide w/bleach. Been using it for 5 years with no problems. We have the combo. Use liquid fabric softener which I dilute half/half.
Happy trails.............
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 11:19 AM   #7
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
We have the Splendide Combo. I use Tide liquid HE. I only put in a coffee scoop's worth of detergent (That would equal 2 TLBS). With the Splendide, less is more, so be careful not to use too much. Also front loaders use less water and therefore need less detergent. I read that dryer sheets are not good to use in the Splendide, so I use liquid fabric softener also using 1 coffee scoop and like Sue, I dilute it as well half and half.
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 11:28 AM   #8
Alwims
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10623
Why do you dilute the Fabric Softener? And I'm assuming you dilute it with water and not Jack Daniels.
Alwims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 11:30 AM   #9
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
We have the stackable Splendides and I use 2 tablespoons of liquid HE detergent, any kind. I use HE liquid fabric softener diluted 50% with water, per the advice of the Splendide tech in Elkhart, IN. He recommended not using the dryer sheets or dryer balls.
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 11:48 AM   #10
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Ditto what Pam said, only I have the combo Splendide 2100. NO dryer sheets, liquid, watered down. HE products only.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 11:51 AM   #11
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
I love the Splendide powder... Been using it for six years... It cost a bit more but you use so little it lasts a long time.. This soap really gets things clean..

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:45 PM   #12
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Sorry about the mis-information on my previous reply. DW told me that dryer sheets are a no-no in the Splendide dryer. She does not use any fabric softener, and there are occassional static issues so she keeps a can of Static Guard on hand. Sorry again.
Bingo

Old 10-28-2010, 02:14 PM   #13
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Hey everyone, thanks for all the great input. We stopped in OakWood Georgia off I-985 heading into Atlanta. There is a Camping World there and we purchased the Splendide HE powdered detergent. It was on sale even and very little left at that store. Heading to FL..tks. Judy
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:08 AM   #14
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
We still use the Splendide type and have used it in the Splendide Combo and the Splendide Ariston Stackable. We now have the Whrilpool side by side front loader washer. Its been great for our use... Good Luck with your choice... Happy Trails..

P.S. Delaine does all the laundry, I do the folding and all dishes.. And I drive the Truck...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote