Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2021, 11:29 PM   #1
Vlicard

M.O.C. #30004
New from Western NC

New member and first time RV owners from small town of Morganton in Western NC. We purchased a 2019 Montana (obviously) 20th Anniversary Edition. My husband is a OTR truck driver and I ride with him. We have a Yorkipoo that also rides along. To add to our crazy life we have a cattle farm. My husband and I are both in our 60’s and have discussed downsizing from the farm so we bought this particular RV as maybe a means of doing this in the near future.

Vlicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 04:08 AM   #2
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you guys have a good plan!
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 05:47 AM   #3
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Welcome from Salem west of Roanoke. We also have a farm and a few cattle that I have lived on for 75 years.
Lynwood
mlh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 06:25 AM   #4
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Welcome to the forums and congrats on your new Montana!

I'm from Indiana. I have a strong soft-spot in my heart for Morganton, NC. I lived South of Morganton for over 2 years. Drive South from Morganton on Highway 64 to Conley Road (It T's to the right). Take the first road to the left (Rain Hill Church Road). I lived right next door to the church on the right side of the road. There use to be a mobile home there. It's now a house.

I worked a few different jobs to help supplement my main income, including a part time job at McDonalds in Morganton, and I also worked at the Coca Cola plant (I don't know if that plant is still there or not). I also took a couple adult learning classes from the Western Piedmont Community Colleges. I had a motorcycle and traveled every back road and (gravel) road (or more like boulders in the roads), up down those mountains and a lot of off-road trails through those hills and valleys. I wasn't married then, and no kids, so I took advantage of my time there. If I would have had just a little more available money, I would have purchased a hang glider and joined those daring guys who jumped off those mountains with them! It was awesome watching them, and more exciting being right there with them when the jumped. The years I was there was from 1979-1981. I made some good friends, got invited to an old-fashioned cock-fight, and had the confidence in one old fellow that actually took me out and showed me his working and still operational moon-shine still! He offered me some (I was not a "drinker" at all), and one sip and even to this day, my throat is still burning!

I know times have probably changed since then, but those memories are very near and dear to my heart, as are the people I remember.

Enjoy your new camper. As you travel around and have opportunity to make new friends, you'll build some very fond memories too.

Happy Camping.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 10:17 AM   #5
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Vickie,

Welcome to the forum!

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 10:20 AM   #6
432bartman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26190
Congratulations on the new Montana and joining the forum.
2019 Keystone Montana 3560RL, 2020 Chevy 2500 HD, Firestone airbags, Air Lift wireless compressor, Curt gooseneck, 20K Reese Goosebox, TST-507, USMC combat vet & retired LEO. Robert, Anika, Breanna, Dylan (daughter-in-law Stephanie). & our Great Pyrenees Layla
432bartman is offline   Reply With Quote