Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-05-2021, 02:33 PM   #1
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
Keystone wins RVDA awards...

Just saw this in a email from Keystone:

Keystone RV is honored to have received seven Quality Circle Awards from the RV Dealer's Association — leading the pack with the most awards to a single manufacturer! Alpine, Avalanche, Cougar, Montana, Montana High Country, Raptor & Carbon were all recognized by dealers for their excellence in quality, parts, warranty, & sales. Read up on the RVDA article here.

The intent here is not to turn this into a bashing any RV maker, but we hear a lot about how "bad" it is with Keystone, and then Keystone wins more awards than anyone else. With that being said, almost every manufacturer was given some honor, with the exception of Jayco, which I find interesting as well.

Here's what they were being judged on:

When rating their brands/manufacturers, RVDA asks dealers to express, confidentially, their level of satisfaction on four core issues:
  • Reliability/quality
  • Parts
  • Warranty
  • Sales

Apparently, when we're complaining to dealers about the poor quality on Keystones, the dealers aren't relaying that information back to corporate, and/or dealers are lying when they fill out these surveys. I would think that dealers would have no need to be untruthful on surveys like this.

With all of the struggles, it just seems odd that there are this many manufacturers (not just Keystone) that are recognized...

Interesting....

Old 11-05-2021, 04:13 PM   #2
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Isn’t it wonderful they won an award for quality and leading the pack. WOW.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 04:40 PM   #3
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
Two things come to mind. First, I don't recall ever having been asked my opinion as a consumer so who is making statements on my behalf? Second, apparently there is no standard of quality to be met. Perhaps the ratings are based upon the relevant responses at the time.
Old 11-05-2021, 07:18 PM   #4
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Man View Post
Two things come to mind. First, I don't recall ever having been asked my opinion as a consumer so who is making statements on my behalf? Second, apparently there is no standard of quality to be met. Perhaps the ratings are based upon the relevant responses at the time.
Important distinction there. These were responses from DEALERS. BUT, even still, any dealer that has had issues should have been pretty vocal in these surveys. As a dealer I wouldn't want to be giving the impression that this product was fabulous, because I would know that I would have to deal with the traffic in my shop...
CADman_KS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 12:38 PM   #5
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Most dealers only care about selling product. The exceptional ones would have the concerns you expressed.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 01:39 PM   #6
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
If it's a level playing field and Keystone is truthfully leading the pack in quality, then what does that say about the other players?
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 02:33 PM   #7
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Man View Post
And Keystone's competition must be pretty ROTTEN!

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 02:59 PM   #8
Superchief05
Established Member

M.O.C. #29764
I am late to the Montana brand. I was looking at Grand Design and Alliance based on online reviews. However, as of late I have read about QA horror stories on both brands and I thought that GD was overpriced based on their reputation, which is why I purchased a ‘21 Montana HC. I have to say that after a week shakedown, I don’t have any major issues, but I will keep inspecting. My cousin, however, purchased a new GD Solitude and it showed up at the dealer with a bum fridge. After replacing that, they took it home and the first weekend the coach filled with water due to a bad seam in the roof/wall. Maybe I got lucky but I am impressed with the quality of all the montanas I looked at.
2019 Ford F-350SRW Andersen Ultimate Hitch
Superchief05 is offline   Reply With Quote