Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2020, 01:46 PM   #1
driller
Established Member

M.O.C. #24037
JT Strongarms install 331rl

I am getting ready to install the JT Strongarms to the front levelers and was wondering which hole I should use to attach the bracket. There is already a 1/2 hole from the factory, but it seems it would be more stable and the jack could retract completely if I used the bottom foot attachment hole. Any thought on why it would be better to use one over the other?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	strongarm mount.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	535.5 KB
ID:	7374  

driller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 06:04 AM   #2
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
So long as it does not interfere with your foot pad and clip and you have clearance between their bracket. The least amount of play you have the better. BTW I don't have them. But mechanically the least amount of movement within the arms and bracket pieces, Will make you happier in the end. Snug fit is the point and less slop in your fitment.
Old 09-26-2020, 08:09 AM   #3
Tom N OH
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17678
I’ll second the snug fit. When I put them on our previous MHC 305RL, I used the factory 1/2” hole above the pads. When I tightened the bolts on any of the connections, I tightened until it was difficult to move the connection, then backed it off a little bit so it moved freely but without any play.
Tom N OH is offline   Reply With Quote