Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2020, 11:17 AM   #1
Chad R
Established Member

M.O.C. #25606
Gauging Interest (Remote Control Lights etc) Feedback Wanted

I full time in my HC 372RD which at the time did not have an option for an InCommand system. Both me and a friend who love to tinker with electronics came up with some ideas with adding a little bit of remote functionality to the stock system.

I know each rig is slightly different but the theory is largely the same. My 372RD has 8 light switches that can only be controlled from within the panel itself (Front Cap, Hitch, Awning, Porch, Power Rail, Hall, Kitchen, Living Room) And the remaining lights have physical switches inside the rig so I wanted to focus on those light switches that would be nice to have outside the panel (and possibly the awning)

My friend does circuit board design for a living so he helped me design out the main board and a remote board that would include buttons to turn on/off each of those lights outside of the main control panel.

The main board would be installed in your panels cabinet/space and wired in to the back of the factory switches and the remote board only needs to be near a power outlet. The boards communicate with their own 2.4GHz Transceiver so you do not need internet or anything else for this to work.

I also wanted to design the boards so more than one could be added. Say you have a remote panel in the lower basement you could easily turn on your awning or porch light without having to go back inside etc or say have a panel next to your bed to control some interior lights while getting up at night. Lots of ideas!

We are also including Bluetooth on the main board and plan on working on apps so you can control with your phone from anywhere without the need for the remote button panels at all. Could really configure it to what you prefer.

Would love to hear some feedback or if there would be any interest in something like this. I was mainly wanting to do this for myself as a fun project but if there is enough interest maybe we can package something up for folks that don't have incommand like me but want a little bit of remote control for some devices.

Right now both the main and remote boards are designed and we are going to order a few of each to test out. Once they come in I will be sure to share pictures and video of the process as well.
Chad R is offline   Reply With Quote