Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2012, 11:13 AM   #21
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
Congratulations. It has been and interesting saga. But in the end we hope you have many good memorable days enjoying your Monty.

Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:47 PM   #22
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Thanks Captain Joe, Michael, and Bill!

Thanks too Sean. Yeah, this floorplan is going to be great for gathering. Our last one had the booth dinette, and just a small jackknife sofa which was very uncomfortable. Now with the dual sofas we have a place to just sit and relax that is just a big living room. Also LOVE the huge bathroom - plenty of room to actually move around and take care of business. We both love the bedroom too. Plenty of storage and room to actually get dressed in the bedroom - we sure didn't have that before! Still don't think I've seen a floorplan with that much room between the bed and the dresser... See you've got the same truck - yes, was very pleased with that for my first towing with the diesel.

Thanks again for the replies!

Greg and Kris
seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:52 PM   #23
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Jay Bird

Congratulations. It has been and interesting saga. But in the end we hope you have many good memorable days enjoying your Monty.
Thanks very much Jay Bird! We are definitely glad this "test" is over

Luckily we have good long summers up here in the Northwest usually. So, we have at least four months of good camping weather, and we used to camp pretty much year around too as long as it's not snowing. Now we're too the fun part - just deciding where we want to go!!

Thanks again,

Greg and Kris
Old 06-30-2012, 01:14 PM   #24
moutard2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10948
Be sure and put "Make sure the bedroom door is CLOSED" in bold letters on your mental checklist before bringing in the bedroom slides. The PDI guy crushed ours while demonstrating the functions of the remote to us!
moutard2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:46 PM   #25
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by moutard2

Be sure and put "Make sure the bedroom door is CLOSED" in bold letters on your mental checklist before bringing in the bedroom slides. The PDI guy crushed ours while demonstrating the functions of the remote to us!
Thanks Ron, good reminder. On ours they also have now a strap to keep the door open too, but tight against the wall. This way now if it's either closed (I prefer), or open but snapped open, the slides will clear and close okay. We also pulled up the bottom section of sheet and blanket so they wouldn't get stuck under the wardrobe when the bed came back out.

Old 06-30-2012, 03:40 PM   #26
kab449
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11842
Congratulations on the end of your ordeal. Hopefully you will have one with few problems to take care of under the warranty. I know you will really like the 3750FL. My wife threatened to leave me if I even think about trading it!
Happy Camping
kab449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:08 PM   #27
3fortheroad
Established Member

M.O.C. #12427
Hey guys congrats on the new house.We did our PDI Wensday and got a call today that ours is ready. We will do another inspection Monday and if all is good we will park door to door and move in. We also plan to stay on dealers lot for a couple days before we head back to Lacey Wa. We are workamping at Lost Lake RV Resort for the summer.
We also got a pleasant surprise, we ordered a 2012 in April and it came in titled as a 2013.

Ron, Sharon & Molly
2007 Dodge 3500 6.7
2013 Montana BigSky 3582RL
3fortheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:28 PM   #28
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Thanks Keith - so far so good. We will still do a shakedown cruise in the next week or so, then plan something a little longer to break her in!

Hi Ron - congratulations on your new rig as well. Nice you got the next model year too. We knew we were right at the cutoff, and it was nice to end up with the 2013. Hope you enjoy your stay in Washington!

Old 06-30-2012, 05:36 PM   #29
3fortheroad
Established Member

M.O.C. #12427
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by seahunter

Thanks Keith - so far so good. We will still do a shakedown cruise in the next week or so, then plan something a little longer to break her in!

Hi Ron - congratulations on your new rig as well. Nice you got the next model year too. We knew we were right at the cutoff, and it was nice to end up with the 2013. Hope you enjoy your stay in Washington!

We have been in Lacey since April, we really love the area. Could do with a little less rain and more sunshine, other than that all is good.

3fortheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:39 AM   #30
seanjackmc
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11166
I know you aren't new to this sea hunter but one little easy idea my wife implemented to make camping easier and more convenient in our 3750 was to place one of those over the door towel hangers on the bathroom door. We quickly realized the hooks by the door are too far way and the towels kept getting knocked off every time someone came in the bathroom door from the outside. I know it's a small thing but was a pain picking towels up all the time.
Also do not I repeat do not lay down on the L couch and tell yourself you are just going to relax for a few minutes to get out of the sun or heat. That couch has a force field around it and once your are on it is very difficult to get out usually it will make you close your eyes and fast forward time a few hours. Just a warning I've been trapped on it before.
Enjoy
Sean
seanjackmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:09 AM   #31
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by seanjackmc

I know you aren't new to this sea hunter but one little easy idea my wife implemented to make camping easier and more convenient in our 3750 was to place one of those over the door towel hangers on the bathroom door. We quickly realized the hooks by the door are too far way and the towels kept getting knocked off every time someone came in the bathroom door from the outside. I know it's a small thing but was a pain picking towels up all the time.
Also do not I repeat do not lay down on the L couch and tell yourself you are just going to relax for a few minutes to get out of the sun or heat. That couch has a force field around it and once your are on it is very difficult to get out usually it will make you close your eyes and fast forward time a few hours. Just a warning I've been trapped on it before.
Enjoy
Sean
Thanks Sean! That's funny because Kris was just saying that the over the door towel holder was the first thing we needed. Glad we have these smart ladies to help us out She had tried to put her jacket on a hook by the door and you're exactly right, just got knocked off all the time.

LOL on the couch. We were so busy on the walkthrough and getting back home we didn't have any time to spend in the living room yet. I can see it could be a very dangerous place to get sucked into and be a victim of lost time...

Have fun!

Greg
Old 07-01-2012, 08:46 AM   #32
moutard2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10948
[quote]quote:Originally posted by seahunter

Quote:
Originally posted by seanjackmc

Enjoy
Sean
I installed 2 18" towel racks (in antique bronze) on the wall to the right of the toilet (as you're facing it). Looks great and works well. I can take a picture if anyone's interested.

moutard2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:11 PM   #33
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
[quote[/

I installed 2 18" towel racks (in antique bronze) on the wall to the right of the toilet (as you're facing it). Looks great and works well. I can take a picture if anyone's interested.

[/quote]

Hi Ron,

Were you able to find the antique bronze at Home Depot or Lowe's? Did you use wall anchors? I've never mounted anything in these thin walls so not sure how to go about that. If you have a pic that would be great to see.

Thanks much!

Greg
Old 07-01-2012, 06:15 PM   #34
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
Look great and your still my hero!
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:23 AM   #35
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
we also noted the lack of towel racks in the 13 3402 Big Sky. we have one of those over the door racks from the 06 that is now in the 13. We installed 18 inch towel rack over the john area. Towel racks in the kitchen area. We do use the small wall anchors. We consider the additions and others to be personalization items. Don't think the manufacturer could second guess where every individual might want those items.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:58 AM   #36
Parts Ed
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11144
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by seahunter

Thanks Jim, Rich, and Michael!

Ed, if your wife could just see your face and how happy you'd be driving that diesel, she'd give the go ahead!

If that doesn't work, grab some Ford letterhead from work and create an official memo from Ford requiring parts managers to drive diesel trucks to work
That is a great idea!!!
Parts Ed is offline   Reply With Quote