Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2013, 09:09 AM   #1
TYR
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9976
If I Had a Dually and Lots of $$$

Good grief!

I made the mistake of visiting the Keystone Web site. Lordy, would you look at those gorgeous 2012 models? I confess I'm in total lust of the front closet, the tub/shower that's huge, and even the front bath intrigues me (though I'm not sure how practical that would be).

I'm just about swooning here, folks!

~~~ sigh ~~~

The up side is our Monty is really well-built, reliable and cozy. We know where she's "been" and she's paid for! I'm just looking forward to warm, dry weather to give her a good wash and wax!

I tell ya, though, if I had a dually to be comfortable with the additional weight of those models and money to burn . . .

TYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #2
RickW
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9139
If you really want to dream, check out something like the New Horizon Majectic http://www.horizonsrv.com/. The base model before options starts around $125k MSRP. Plus options!
RickW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:47 PM   #3
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
Yes, It is Very Nice to Dream!!
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:16 PM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
If I had the money to buy a new one, I'd be very happy and still have the money.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:31 PM   #5
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RickW

If you really want to dream, check out something like the New Horizon Majectic http://www.horizonsrv.com/. The base model before options starts around $125k MSRP. Plus options!
I was looking at these too, just couldn't justify the cost as we're not close to fulltiming yet
seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:35 PM   #6
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TxYellowRose

Good grief!

I made the mistake of visiting the Keystone Web site. Lordy, would you look at those gorgeous 2012 models? I confess I'm in total lust of the front closet, the tub/shower that's huge, and even the front bath intrigues me (though I'm not sure how practical that would be).

I'm just about swooning here, folks!

~~~ sigh ~~~

The up side is our Monty is really well-built, reliable and cozy. We know where she's "been" and she's paid for! I'm just looking forward to warm, dry weather to give her a good wash and wax!

I tell ya, though, if I had a dually to be comfortable with the additional weight of those models and money to burn . . .
LOL, yeah the worst thing you can do is go to the truck dealership or the traier lot! No matter when you buy one, it's always going to be that the new ones have newer, cooler goodies...
seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:08 AM   #7
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
The New Horizon we looked at during the Tampa RV show weighed in at 18.9 dry.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:27 AM   #8
Bigboomer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12333
Yes we looked at the NH at the Hershey show and have seen it before...sweet rig but in all honesty our Montana gives us a big bang for the money spent as compared to the NH. That's not taking away from the NH as it is great to be able to custom build one to your specs but then again what can you really add to a custom rig that the Monty does not have that would justify double if not close to triple the cost? We know Bigboomer would tow a NH but if you don't have a MDT or HDT you are NOT towing that rig with a pick-up (at least not safely).

TXYellowRose it is always nice to look in the window and maybe even kick the tires, but like anything else unless for some reason you really need to make a change, year to year the models and specs don't change all that much for any manufacturer. Although I have to say that Montana has made some really nice upgrades for the 2013 models which will make even the strongest buckle at the knees!
Old 02-06-2013, 02:32 AM   #9
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DQDick

If I had the money to buy a new one, I'd be very happy and still have the money.
I have got to agree with Dick. We are VERY happy with our floor plan (same as yours) even though it has been discontinued. Glad we got ours when we did!

We toured the factory during the rally and were not the least bit tempted.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:41 AM   #10
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Maybe I am drinking the cool-aid around here, but Sue and I could not be happier with any other rig than we are with this one. We love it and our Montana has changed our life, since we bought it.
We did tour the new ones at 'Q' and they were nice, but saw nothing we would trade for.
One of the things about ours is that we can pull it with the truck we own, and when we get to where we are going, we have the rugged 4x4 truck to go off road where we play.
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:45 AM   #11
RickW
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9139
Whoa not trying to start a war or anything. The original topic was about dreaming. No different then owning a Ford and being completely happy with it but still does not stop you of dreaming of a Ferrari or other high end vehicle that the odds of owning is not feasible or practical. It's just day dreaming ......

Comparing a Montana to a NH Majestic is like comparing a tract home to a custom built home. Two completely different markets and nothing wrong with either. Hell, I live in what is considered a tract home. We did quite a bit of remodeling last year to the house because we felt it better fit our needs to remodel vs building a new custom home. We have done the same with the Montana as have many others here have.

Next week we kick off our 5th season in the Montana when we head out to San Diego. We can't wait to hit the road. We are just as excited to hit the road with the Montana today as we were when we made our first trip with it in 2009. We anticipate using the Montana for another 4 to 6 seasons and then will seriously start to consider our next trailer. We would not stick with the Montana for 8 to 10 years if we were not happy with it but as I said before I doubt out next trailer will be a Montana or Big Sky. It is a reflection of our changing needs and desires not a unhappiness with the product line. We have several members here who still participate here even though they were happy with their Montana's but moved on to another brand when the time came to get a new trailer or make the jump to a motorhome.

It's just day dreaming ........ enjoy it for what it is ....

RickW is offline   Reply With Quote