Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2012, 12:22 PM   #1
Sharhu
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12737
Second Trip: Fabulous

Just had our second weekend trip with our new 3455SA. Headed to Lancaster, PA area with another couple. Hitching and unhitching went really well, and my DH is starting to get a little more comfortable towing. Had some hilly, meandering roads when we got off the turnpike and ended behind an Amish horse-drawn buggy a few times were we crept along until they were able to pull off the road and let us by. We weren't about to try to go around them in this big rig on those roads especially.

Stayed at Spring Gultch Campground and it will be on my list to go back to. Pull through site again made things easier. Best of all no new issues discovered. Our friends said the air-mattress was more comfortable than they would have thought. I love the floor plan we didn't feel cramped and the water heater held up through all the showers. Love the storage, just have to figure out where is the best place to keep something and most important where did I put it in the first place.

Had a lot of fun meeting new people as this was a country dance weekend and seeing other RVs and getting some tips. The good thing is I came away so happy we have the unit we do and the floor plan. Others were nice but just didn't "do it for me". Found out the DJ and his wife run dance weekends almost every weekend at different campgrounds in the eastern Pennsylvania, and New Jersey area starting in April each year. We will be waiting to get his 2013 schedule and then plan a lot of our weekend trips based on his schedule.

One lesson learned on our arrival home. If when backing into a driveway (guess that would apply to campsite also), if it doesn't seem right on the first approach or isn't even close, just pull all the way out and don't spend forever trying to correct things and keep trying jockey it into place. Just start all over. Was another long session trying to back the rig into our driveway. It will get better though...

Now we just have to wait for the dealer to get the part in for the rollout cabinet and then will hopefully get the awning fixed, tear in sofa fixed, cabinet and buckled flooring fixed and be all set.

Love all the information on this board. Budgeting for new tires in the spring, and thinking about auxillary gas tank.

Sharhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #2
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
Congratulations Sharhu on the successful 2nd trip!!! Sounds like a lot of fun! We are planning on heading to PA to visit my brother-in-law next summer. I can't wait!

You are absolutely right on the driveway thing! We have a HUGE driveway and after a few attempts you can see all of the tire marks for the 'jokeying'! We will have to keep each other posted on how we are doing at backing into the driveway!

We just reinstalled the auxillary gas tank in our truck. The dealership had taken it out because they thought the hitch wouldn't fit with it in. We modified the rails a little and then reinstalled it and it works great!!! Super excited to have that extra 55 gallons when we need it. Driving around Yellowstone with only 8mpg was getting a little troubling!

Good luck on your future repairs. We are hoping to get new tires in the spring but we bought the TST tire pressure monitoring system on Camping World today to give us some peace of mind until then. It is on sale, I found a coupon code and it worked out cheaper than what TST said they would be able to sell it to us for.

Congrats again! Enjoy your dance weekends! They sound great!
BusyCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:41 PM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Glad it's working for you and your making wonderful memories. The backing thing is just a matter of practice and yes all of us have to start over from time to time.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:47 AM   #4
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Sounds like a great trip!
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote