Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2015, 06:13 AM   #1
tweber502
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13660
White Springs/Lake City Florida

I am debating whether to accept a job offer in White Springs Fl. If I do then Dea and I would most likely put all of our furniture and nonessential belongings into storage, rent out the house and move to Florida and live in the Montana. We have been considering this anyway and fortunately this job offer surprised us in a good way! it's almost a no-brainer considering we would be moving to a MUCH warmer climate and being offered a sizeable increase in salary. There are several RV parks in the area and my BIG question is has anyone stayed in this area and could you recommend a park to live in? I have researched the parks on RV Park Reviews and have read reviews, all with differing opinions. The new job would be located just north of White Springs on HWY 41. I would be willing to consider places in White Springs, around Jasper or even south to the Lake City area. Any recommendations, suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. This is a new adventure for us which is actually a little unnerving when thinking about it to say the least! We would, however be able to save a great deal of money which would allow us to retire much earlier than once expected. Again thanks in advance for any input. Tim

tweber502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 11:35 AM   #2
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
Summers in Florida Hot,Hot and Humid and you are inland> I would not what to spend a Florida Summer in a RV you are North also so Colder in the Winter you may like that. Just my 2 Cents.
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 02:54 PM   #3
tweber502
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13660
Not really concerned about the climate, we live in the Ohio River Valley so used to humidity, bugs and heat in the summer. I also lived in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area in the '80's so well aware of the weather and climate, anything would be better than the winters where we're currently living. What we're interested in is if anyone has spent any time in this area and could advise on any of the rv parks in the area. Tim
Old 03-09-2015, 03:08 AM   #4
pineranch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9765
Check out Casey Jones in lake city, they appear to have several long termers. The rear side is next to an open field, great dog run and privacy.
Mike
pineranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 04:17 AM   #5
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by tweber502

Not really concerned about the climate, we live in the Ohio River Valley so used to humidity, bugs and heat in the summer. I also lived in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area in the '80's so well aware of the weather and climate, anything would be better than the winters where we're currently living. What we're interested in is if anyone has spent any time in this area and could advise on any of the rv parks in the area. Tim
Just a friendly word of caution Florida is not the Ohio Valley The AC units are going to run 24/7 if you are in the Sun. would make every effort to get a Shady Site
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 05:09 AM   #6
tweber502
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13660
kdeiss thanks much for the heads up, I hadn't really thought about the metered electric aspect. We do usually look for a shaded/semi shaded site wherever we go if available. Looks like some of the campgrounds in the area have some shade so hopefully some descent sites will be available. I do appreciate the advice and any additional information. Tim
Old 03-09-2015, 03:41 PM   #7
tweber502
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13660
Mike Thanks for the heads up on Casey Jones in Lake City, we'll check it out. Tim