Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 02-19-2009, 04:27 AM   #1
Connorsmom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6592
Washers and Dryers

Well, I've been searching on here for a while now, trying to find the information I read in the past regarding washer and dryer choices. I'm in a position now to be able to finally purchase a washer and dryer, and I can't find the info...LOL I live in a 2007 3475 RL Monty. Any opinions, suggestions and idea's would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks everyone...

Jan

Connorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:44 AM   #2
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Jan, we have an 07 3400rl that has a washer closet, don't know about your floor plan. We have gone through 2 washer/dryer systems. The first was a Majestic, they are way below acceptable and we pulled them after about 3 months and was lucky enough to sell them. This was a few months before the Splendide Ariston was available. I understand that they are outsatnding but a bit expensive. We bought the Maytag frontloader system, apartment size. The dryer is 220V so I did have to install a 220V breaker and run a new wire for the dryer. They are great and cost about 1/3 less than the Ariston. They also have a very large drum size and more capacity than the Ariston. I am sure others will be along soon to give you their experiences with other brands and models. Good luck on this.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:02 AM   #3
kilch123
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9104
I have the Splendide 2100xc (had my dealer install it as part of the purchase price of my rig). It's pretty expensive, but works well. It has enough capacity for me, and it fits inside the W/D cabinet in my 324RLQ
kilch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:21 AM   #4
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
We have the Splendide 2100XC as well. Love it! I was really surprised at how well it worked.
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:00 AM   #5
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
You have a lot of options with the full closet on that 3475. We went with the Splendide Ariston stackables in ours and are very happy with them. Our system is ideal for folks on the road bacause the Splendide systems are designed for RV (110VAC - fast spin cycle - low water use).

However - we don't live in our unit so I consider the washer and dryer more like toys than necessity. You say you live in yours. With that, I would consider an apartment type stackable system using a 220VAC dryer (faster drying). You will have to rewire the outlets to accept the 220, but Montana makes it pretty easy. Of the stackables, I beleive the front loader systems make a cleaner fit, especially with the hose locations, but several folks do the dryer over top load wash machine. Unfortunately I see some of those get butchered a little to get them to fit the width.

Happy shopping!
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:30 AM   #6
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Jan
We have the Splendide combo and we live in our unit. We love it! It does take a while but you can do a lot of other things while it works. Besides we are in no hurry these days! We saw no need to rewire or modify anything. There is just the two of us.
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:07 AM   #7
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
We have the Splendide combo also. Get the larger of the two. If you have a space problem, I would not get the stackable model.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:06 AM   #8
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
We went from a Splendide Combo to the Spendide Ariston stackable. We got the Splendide Ariston when it first came out and used it in two 5th wheels never had any issues. Its our opinion if you have the space go with the Stackable unit, much faster and you can wash and dry at the same time. We actually considered putting the stackable in the stick house but the people who bought our 5th wheel wanted the W/D left in the 5er. Good Luck with you choice. GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:44 AM   #9
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Chalk up one more referral for the Splendide stackables. Ours run pretty much non-stop wherever we are (one of the pitfalls of having three women in the rig), and we have not had a single problem with them. DW says they clean as well as any stick-house washer dryer she has had, including our HE Maytag set at the house.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:06 AM   #10
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
We have the Splendide combo unit in our 3585. It does an excellent job, but even with every anti-wrinkle trick in the book (and yes, there is a book you can buy to help get the most from your unit), jeans, most shirts, etc., come out wrinkled. Still, who cares? When we're in our rig, we're having fun!

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:48 AM   #11
kwolff7
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6687
Our Big Sky came with Whirlpool stackables. They are wonderful and I can put as much in the washer or dryer as I do in my units at home. I never have wrinkles, but I try to get them out as soon as they are dry.
kwolff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:25 AM   #12
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
We looked at the Splendide and other 110volt units and decided to do the OZZ MOD and go with 220 volt. We ordered the Bosch 24 inch units since they have large capacity and are very quiet. So Far they have done a great job and actually remove a huge amount of white Lab hair from clothes and blankets. Both units are 220 volt, the washer plugs into the back of the dryer. We love them... Dave and Betsy P.S. here is our version of the OZZ MOD, Photos
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:43 PM   #13
Ronnelly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #794
WE bought the 2100xc splendide from Camping World here in St Augustine, Fl. They installed it and I am a happy camper. I have it sitting on a platform 2 feet off floor level, so is easy to access without bending over. I have 2 shelves above the washer and place underneath washer for storage.
www.campingworld.com

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Connorsmom

Well, I've been searching on here for a while now, trying to find the information I read in the past regarding washer and dryer choices. I'm in a position now to be able to finally purchase a washer and dryer, and I can't find the info...LOL I live in a 2007 3475 RL Monty. Any opinions, suggestions and idea's would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks everyone...

Jan
Ronnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:26 PM   #14
RADHAZJOE
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3149
We have installed Maytag stackable 24" washer and dryer. Less expensive than RV units, greater capacity, faster, clean better, do not shake the trailor to pieces if slightly overloaded. I rewired the 5er for 220 to the dryer but if you search, you can find how to mod the 220 dryer to run on 110. it just takes longer to dry, like on the low hear cycle of the standard unit.
RADHAZJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:17 PM   #15
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
We have the Splendide 2100xc combo unit and we like it. Although we don’t spend as much time camping as others; we will start a load of clothes and then go do whatever we want knowing that when we get back it will be finished. We have discovered that they wrinkle less with smaller loads.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:43 PM   #16
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Jan, in my opinion there are several good brands but the true KEY point for us is to make sure they are apartment size units. Most of the units built for RV's have tiny tubs. We had that situation with a Majestic stack, which we despised for additional reasons as well. So much that we paid our dealer $100 to remove them, put them in our traded in Montana and install the stack from our tradein in our new Montana. So we've had this Crosley by Whirlpool stack for seven years including six years of fulltiming, with nary a problem, and love them. As I said, there are several good brands. We just happen to be very happy with this brand. They are apartment sized.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote