Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2008, 02:12 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I'd rather be on the road

We are trying to get the house ready to put on the market, but it is an immense job.
Here are some of the things we have done already;

http://tiny.cc/remod

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 02:36 AM   #2
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
Jim, you have been busy, I remember those days when I had a stick house. Sure glad those days are just a memory!! Its a lot easier to just own a 1/2 acre lot with full hookups, a studio to carve in when we are there, then unhook and hit the road again! The bonus is we can still fulltime and have a place of our own, and travel when we want. We just spent 6 weeks at "Toms Resort" and now working our way toward NC, and doing a craft show on the way. You doing a great job Ozz man, break is over so I know you gotta get back to WORK!! lol
Tom
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 02:53 AM   #3
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
OKK, I am tired from watching, time for a nap!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 03:06 AM   #4
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Ozz, I don't think that is the correct procedure for moving a hot tub. Your gonna have alot of trouble glueing it back together .
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 04:23 AM   #5
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Lonnie - I was thinking the same thing --

Ozz: How much glue did you use to put that thing together the first time you brought it through that door???

You gentlemen (and ladies as well) who have the mechanical talents impress me -- give me a hammer or screw driver and I'm dangerous!!! Kudo's to those who can handle them so well.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:53 AM   #6
rogue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7368
Ozz, Lot of work there. Remember what the goal is, as once you are close to the end, you may say this place looks so good why don't we just stay here.
Bob
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 04:59 PM   #7
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Ozz, I feel for you, we went through exactly the same route last summer after we got home. Painting, cleaning, more painting moving STUFF to the garage for the sales (2) parting with my Shopsmith, 90% of my tools, old furniture, new furniture. Old appliances some new and tons of clothes went to Goodwill. Sold all my lawn equipment, and now I have to hire someone to cut my grass and trim the weeds. I sold my wifes favorite porch swing now I have to buy her another one. The house still hasn't sold so we have to top off the propane and do all the home owner stuff again till we can get back on the road. Damn, I hope we get a buyer soon. Last summers evolution took us three months to finish. Good luck on your prep.. Dave and Betsy
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 02:55 PM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Jim, when we get back to your area I'm coming over to teach you how to be retired. You gotta relax, man! You work too hard!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 03:56 PM   #9
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Ozz when you are caught up drive up to wisconsin in july or aug and i will teach you guys to relax on a 18' sail boat with a cold one in your hand sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 07:57 PM   #10
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Jim - you'll get 'er sold! How are you going to get the new hot tub in? I know epoxy works well...
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 01:57 AM   #11
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Ha! I think the room will lend itself well for plants, maybe an artist's studio, or just a place where a guy goes when he is in the dog-house....
I have also been really busy doing my repairs for other people, two central air jobs, wiring and repairing a rental for a customer, and I am now in the middle of changing out a 15 ton air unit for my old customer that has 15 split systems. (A/C units that have an air handler, and the condensing unit outside and on the roof) I have been helping another small A/C man as well.
Steve, as soon as the house sells, we will hop in the Monte, head for Texas....somewhere and I will get back into the retired mode.
Looking foreword to lunch at the Corner Café, I am 'Jonesing' for their pie.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote