Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-12-2003, 04:38 PM   #1
Montana_294
Established Member

M.O.C. #294
Wheel lock-up ? Is it possible ?

Hello, all.

New member, here, retired last year (my wife still works) but we are having a lot of fun going places in our Montana, mostly in Texas. We live in Thorndale, Tx just east of Round Rock. (Any neighbors??)

I posted this problem on Woodall's forum and that's how I found the Montana owners club - happy to be a member.

We have a '99 3255RL which we have enjoyed a lot since we bought it in 2000, slightly used.
Had our share of small problems like everyone else.

Now, this has happened:
The other day while camped I noticed a deep flat spot and scuff marks (half the tread is gone) and a lighter one on the right front tire of our coach. It looks like the wheel locked up and the brakes did not release for a while.
This coach has Al-Ko 5200# axles with 12 X 2 drums and brand new load range "E" tires.
I checked the bearings, brakes/hardware and magnet return spring and all looked OK.
Any thoughts on this?
Just to be sure, I backed off on the brake adjustment a little.
My controller is a Tekonsha Prodigy, adjusted according to instructions and works great.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This is a real head-scratcher for me.

Incidentally, the tire dealer allowed a 50 % credit toward the new tire since it was a Michelin. Seems like the Michilin warranty is good even if the damage was not due to a road hazard.

Happy and safe camping,
Norbie

2000 Dodge 2500 LWB, Cummins, auto, camper package, gauges, 18K Hidden Hitch, Prodigy

norbie

Montana_294 is offline   Reply With Quote