Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2008, 01:34 PM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Happy Labor Day

It seems ironic that Americans celebrate labor by taking the day off. Does Labor Day mean nothing more than watermelon, baseball, barbecues and beer?

Labor Day constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity and well-being of our country.

While we may have forgotten it, Labor Day, in truth, is about celebrating the American worker, who in recent days has come under attack as companies export more and more jobs to foreign shores. Labor Day is a time for everyone to remind themselves of the accomplishments of American workers, who continue to set records for productivity.

Labor Day is a celebration of the hard work and dedication of our American workers to make our country better.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 01:52 PM   #2
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Very good post Glenn! What jobs are not be exported are being filled by illegal immigrants in our country. I noticed in the last couple days a company in MS was raided; over 600 illegal workers were arrested. Hopefully these raids will continue.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 02:30 PM   #3
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
Good message-sad note, you'all may have seen where a business in the south decided to trade Labor Day for a Muslim holiday. My My how this country is changing. Stand by for more.
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:26 PM   #4
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Well put Glenn! It's just to bad we have to go through all of this and have people in Washington, DC that could care less on what the common worker is putting up with! Let's hope this election can bring about some changes but from what I've seen so far it's going to be the same old c**p as before and increase in taxes to all but the rich and powerful! Have a Great Labor Day everyone!!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 04:21 PM   #5
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Thank you, Glenn.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 05:58 PM   #6
stelrfan

M.O.C. #8065
Thanks for the post Glenn. Yep thanks to our wonderful politicians way too many jobs are in china or mexico and what do we get in return?? Substandard products and lead filled crap!!

As for the raid in MS catching all those illegal a$$holes good riddance and let's hope for more raids. And for the tyson plant in Shelbyville,Tennessee, just a few miles from where I grew up, they are the jerks who decided to drop Labor Day as a holiday in lieu of a muslim holiday! Thanks tyson you just guaranteed I will never spend another penny on your product in my lifetime.

Happy Labor Day all you wonderful people in the MOC
stelrfan is offline   Reply With Quote