Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2008, 04:32 PM   #1
WorkerB
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8202
Hydrogen

Hi Group,
I was watching the news last week and the newscaster told a story of a mechanic in Reno Nevada that was installing a hydrogen package in peoples cars for $800.00. He guaranteed an increase in mileage. The next morning I started searching the net and came up with what looks like an answer. It may be the answer to our problem. That being high gas and diesel prices. I spent the $97.00 and have been reading. I figured surely someone has already built this wheel. I searched MOC for hydrogen and got a few hits but nothing about this site. So here goes......
http://water4gas.com
If it works I'm a hero. If it's BS I'm a nut job. I figure share the knowledge and lets get on the road. If it works the result will be less demand for the product and maybe it will drive prices down. My gift to you. Enjoy, JohnS

WorkerB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 06:31 PM   #2
mtheo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6171
I think the guys at mythbusters tested this. Can't remember the results, but I would be glad to hear how it works for your.
mtheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 07:30 PM   #3
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
Don't know if this is the same thing but it looks like it. In 1973 when the was a small fuel problem in the US my folks bought and installed this gimmick on our school buses (we owned 3).
They didn't increase fuel mileage a squat. The only thing the increased was the guys wallet that sold the gimmick. If it works I'll be the first to tell you great but it looks the same as what I remember seeing as a kid.
Good luck and keep us updated with the news,
Chuck
lwcdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:38 AM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
There's an old saying If it's too good to be true.......
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 01:03 AM   #5
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
The Mythbusters did check this one out. It is true that one can produce hydrogen from water. The problem is that it takes a great deal of energy to produce. And while the process did end up making hydrogen it was just a tiny amount. Not nearly enough to run a car or truck!

I think someone is going to have plenty of money to buy as much fuel as they want..... unfortunately it isn't going to be those of us who buy into this type of thing. It is the guy selling it!

Sure wish it were true! Because I'm going to have to seriously cut back on how much we travel.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:21 AM   #6
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Well, technology changes. I'm interested in what your results are but I am suspecting what others have expressed.

HOWEVER, Technology Does Change

You can do a search on hydrogen fuel and get lots of results.

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:21 AM   #7
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

There's an old saying If it's too good to be true.......
That old saying is true!
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote