Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 04-02-2008, 08:07 AM   #1
jengelkirk
Established Member

M.O.C. #8140
Tire Pressure Monitors

I've seen a couple posts mention Pressure Pro tire monitors for measuring tire pressure. I have a few questions:

1. How do you all feel about using tire pressure monitors, in general?
2. Do you feel they are worth the cost?
3. What brand do you recommend and will they monitor 4 tires on the truck and the 4 on the RV?
4. Are they easy to install and operate?

Thanks for your help. We always want to be safe!

jengelkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:03 AM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I can only speak to the Pressure Pro System. That's what I bought and use. Since I have a dually, I need to monitor 10 tires. I have no problem getting a quick reading on all 10. Of course, when I am not pulling the Monty, just the six truck tires are monitored.

The system is very easy to install and set up. If you can screw a stem cap on your tire stem you can screw this sending unit on the stem. Just plug the monitor into the 12V power source do the simple setup program and you are set to go.

As to the value, everyone will have to determine for themselves on that one. Since I have had 4 flats, two causing extensive damage to the coach, I value being able to quickly monitor all my tire pressures at every rest stop without using a tire guage. I value an alarm that will sound if the pressure on any tire gets too low or too high. I am sure much of the damage I experienced could have been avoided had I known the flat had occurred. For me this all makes it worth the price.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:25 PM   #3
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
jengelkirk, I don't think you should pull a 5th wheel without the Pressure Pro system. I have use the system since 2006 and sold our other 5er in Nov and bought another in Feb. I didn't want to sell our Pressure Pro system but the people who bought our 5er were very nice so I sold it with the Truck and 5er. The first thing I did when we got another 5th wheel was order the PP system. The PP system saved us on two different occasions. I highly recomend the Pressure Pro system, and highly recomend Mike and Pat Mcfall as the people to buy your system from. They are Rver's also, and are very Professional and HONEST. Good Luck.. GBY

Mike & Pat Mcfalls Web site...

www.Pressureprosystem.com
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 02:02 PM   #4
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
Number 1. believe they can save you some down time, and a measure of highway safety.

Number 2. Yes

Number 3. Pressur Pro, Yes and Yes

Number 4. Yes and Yes

Pat and Mike McFall are a good source to purchase from.
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:10 PM   #5
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Ditto on everything said, however, I don't believe my Pressure Pro system monitors overinflation, only a loss of pressure (at least I don't think they do, but I could be wrong). I would not leave home without them. Saved my bacon twice also on way FROM Alaska......
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:07 PM   #6
PatMcFall
Established Member

M.O.C. #7943
Just to let you know....the newest version of the PressurePro does monitor "high" pressure. The Sensors come from the factory set to trigger at 24% above the set pressure but can be set to "OFF" or at levels ranging from 10% to 45%.

If I can answer any questions, please let me know. My email is: sales@pressureprosystem.com or my phone number is 850-294-0281.

Pat
PatMcFall is offline   Reply With Quote