Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2005, 08:03 AM   #1
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Kitchen curtains

We have the 3295. This week we took the side curtains from the kitchen windows and the hardware too. Looks much better with just the toppers on there. I think we will do the same to the window on the desk.
Dusty

Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 08:27 AM   #2
Iowafan
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3419
We have done this, too, Dusty. It was necessary in part because our curious dog loosened the hardware when she jumped up to see out the windows by the sofa. Then we took the other vulnerable side curtains down and like the look better.
Iowafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 08:31 AM   #3
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
We love ours WITHOUT the curtains. Did make some toppers for the bedroom tho, much smaller than what was coming out of the plant at that time. Felt the size was out of wack, big curtains and billows of material on those small little windows. Personal choice!! Some day I might get some other kinds of drapes, well, maybe not! HA HA
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 12:46 PM   #4
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Carol,

I'm with you on the big puffy things in the bedroom. So far I have taken everything off the windows except the mini blinds I ordered with this unit. Someday soon hope to find the time to custom make something I like. It actually looks OK for now. Sans the headboard, my own comforter, bed skirt, pillows and shams. With four nice big pillows I found I did not need a headboard.

I'm looking forward to the day I can redo the living area windows. Especially the cornices. I think the less you have protruding off the walls the more space you feel.

I tried to get Keystone to leave a lot of stuff out, but they said it was not cost effective for them. So it one area at a time with I have the time.
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 01:05 PM   #5
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
fla native,

I don't mind the cornices too much, but, whewwwwieeee, I did not like the oversized stuff in the bedroom, and really just did not like the fabric for the drapes overall. I know that a number of MOC gals and guys have said they don't mind the drapes at all, so it has to be one of those "personal things" !!! HAHA
Old 06-25-2005, 01:42 PM   #6
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Carol, I love your Yorkies! Also what you have done with your Montana. I think I am going to remove the bottom curtains from bedroom too! Maybe make something different someday. I really liked the headboard that was posted awhile back. Can't remember who.
I wish our 2 Schnauzers and one cat would sleep on the sofa! Instead they sleep on our bed, while we are in it! Cat sometime sleeps in his dog bed we just bought him. Had to get a dog bed to be big enough for him.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 02:26 PM   #7
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Dustytuu,

The yorkies DO sleep in the bed, with ME. I sleep on that futon! HAHA. Thanks for the kind words about the "kids" and the changes done in Montana.

There are a couple of guys that have great oak headboards, one is "Bill and Ann". His was the most recent post. There is also the quilt looking fabric, headboard, with photos! I want to say that Judy Denner has that, but, I have ole leaky brain situation today, so that might be wrong, and no insult to the "real" owner of that fab piece of artwork!

When we get to Minneapolis, I will try to find the time to take a photo and post it of our latest improvement. Shelves at the kitchen window for my violets! I am very happy with this newest addition to the rolling home.

Enjoy fixing your Montana YOUR way!

Carol
Old 06-27-2005, 05:40 PM   #8
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
We took the bedroom curtains off too. We put in lace valances on adjustable spring rods. It looks so much brighter and not overwhelming. Took the headboard out also. With the pillows stacked up we didn't need it. Replaced the bedcover with a quilt. The pillow covers match the quilt.
Myrna
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote