Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2004, 08:02 AM   #1
Montana_89
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #89
Pressure valve under sink?

While in a Daytona Beach campground, I found out that my Montana has a pressure valve under the bathroom sink. The water pressure WAS EXTREMELY LOW and when I hooked it up, I developed a LEAK under the sink. I temporarily "fixed it with a by-pass." In the next campground, I re-attached the original valve. It worked fine! That was the first time that I ever had a leak due to "low" water pressure. I just wanted to share that with the group. If it happens again, I will activate my DC pump and draw from my water tank. I hope this can save others from any headaches.

Montana_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 08:58 AM   #2
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
Thanks for the info, I didn't know that but if it happens to us I will have an idea on how to tell my husband to fix it.
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 05:03 PM   #3
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Art was that the anti-syfin valve under the sink? I found that if pressure is low like you said it does not opperate properly and comes out the top of the valve, when the pressur is that low I take the regulator off the hose bib and go full pressure. also I think that valve is for the dark tank flush system I followed mine one day and that is what mine is for.

TT2
Old 09-02-2004, 12:44 AM   #4
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
This happened to me last month and I couldn't figure why after 2 years the valve started to leak. I took the valve off and applied
Teflon tape to the connection threads and the leak stopped. It doesn't sound like low pressure would cause this to leak????

Steve
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 01:39 AM   #5
Montana_89
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #89
TrailerTrash 2,

That sounds identical to what happened as well. The valve only closes due to water pressure. The leak was from the top of my valve also. Thanks for the response.
Montana_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 01:43 AM   #6
Montana_657
Montana Master

M.O.C. #657
Folks.. the so called "anti siphon valve" under the sink in the 3670RL is a vacum breaker for the sewage flush system....

You will notice the water line comes up through the floor into the bottom of the valve, out the side and back down into the floor. Two different lines come up into the sink faucets.

Montana_657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 05:53 PM   #7
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Gruffy

Folks.. the so called "anti siphon valve" under the sink in the 3670RL is a vacum breaker for the sewage flush system....

You will notice the water line comes up through the floor into the bottom of the valve, out the side and back down into the floor. Two different lines come up into the sink faucets.

I KNOW THAT!! but I wasn't sure Art did, Gruffy, I did like that article on the regulators at the plumbing shop I have one on order and will make me one.

TT2
Old 09-05-2004, 08:47 AM   #8
Treecounter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #162
That *%#*)& valve leaks at all times. We have an adjustable pressure valve on our hose and I keep it at 55 lbs. when it is available and it always leaks. Had it replace once but new valve leaks also. What would happen if I just by passed it and drained the line at the back flow valve in the hose connection? Treecounter
Treecounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 04:09 PM   #9
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
I took that anti-siphon valve out entirely as it would not allow my black tank flush to work. I pulled the lines down to the basement and connected them to a ball valve. Everything works fine now.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 06:27 AM   #10
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DHenry

I took that anti-siphon valve out entirely as it would not allow my black tank flush to work. I pulled the lines down to the basement and connected them to a ball valve. Everything works fine now.
I have a question in regards to what you have removed from the tank flush system,
Will it in any way affect the sanitation of my flushing system, and will there be a possability of dark water being pushed up through that fresh water conector and coming out the hose conector on the side of my trailer.
That is the only reason that I can see for the anti-syphon valve use in regards to sanitation.

TT2
Old 09-06-2004, 02:14 PM   #11
jerryb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #137
Low water preasure makes it leak, we just mop it up when it leaks.
I've had it off and even called the company that makes it but most of the time it still leaks, I would like to know what would happen if I just removed it but I assume it was put there for a reason, Keystone isn't known for wasteing money.
jerryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 02:57 PM   #12
NJ Hillbilly
Montana Master

M.O.C. #242
The ball valve will prevent any liquid from coming out the hose connection.

John
NJ Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 03:04 PM   #13
Treecounter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #162
Thanks, I like the idea of a ball valve in the line. That #%*&@ valve comes out in the morning. Treecounter
Treecounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 06:08 PM   #14
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Trailer Trash 2, the ball valve will only allow the black tank to flush when it is open. When closed it will not allow any black water to come to the hose connection. You must remember to close it after flushing the black tank. Always use a dedicated hose for the black tank flushing, never use you fresh water hose for that.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 02:23 AM   #15
NJ Hillbilly
Montana Master

M.O.C. #242
I have a short 10' hose that I use exclusively for flushing along with it's own set of color coded brass quick connects so they don't mix either.

I will look into the ball valve deal since I don't feel that the tank flusher does that great of a job. Maybe removing the restriction of the vaccum breaker will help with flow and pressure to sprayer.

John
NJ Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote