Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 12-21-2010, 08:12 AM   #1
rotti
Established Member

M.O.C. #10061
Sky Light Shade

Does your camper get hot during the day in the summer? I went to a local camper store and bought one of the reflective window coverings, which just happened to be the same size as my sky light. Wal-Mart has 1/2 inch snap kits that are perfect. Install snaps all the way around the underside of the sky light and matching positions on the reflective cover. Using this cover has GREATLY reduced the run time of my air conditioner during the summer. Not to mention helps block light for those late morning risers...
www.huntwidow.net/sunshade.htm

rotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 01:49 PM   #2
Hooker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7915
I got a piece of old foam, cut it to fit and it squeezes in there very nicely. One side is white the other is blue, I put the white side up so it looks like we have a blue night light on at night.
Hooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:28 PM   #3
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
We pulled the garnish down and put a white towel up there. Has worked out great. Keeps the heat down and it does cut down on the brightness.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:58 PM   #4
Alwims
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10623
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jsmitfl

We pulled the garnish down and put a white towel up there. Has worked out great. Keeps the heat down and it does cut down on the brightness.
We pulled the garnish down and put a cheap white pillow from Walmart in there. Cuts down on the light and insulates it at the same time.
Alwims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:11 AM   #5
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
We went with a skylight shade...more expensive, but it is easy to open and close. If anyone is interested, you can go to tweetys.com to see a picture. Also, at least one of our members has posted pictures on his on this site...sorry, do not remember where.
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:44 PM   #6
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
We use a silver colored door window cover, foam lined, and velcroed it to the frame of the skylight and can install and remove when we want to, (like my nap time)!!!
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote