Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-28-2007, 03:02 PM   #21
RCMP03
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7063
In our model, the manual crank is in the driver side propane tank cabinet (upper left). The crank handle came with the trailer.

RCMP03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:47 AM   #22
Capindad

M.O.C. #6802
We Just Had the landing gear stop. But it was all the way up, and we were heading out. I had it HAND Crank to get it off the truck, and level. Called the dealer, and how did I know there was an 30 amp in line fuse!!!!! Blew 2 fuses just this weekend. I would like more information about an inline ciruit breaker. I have always carried extra fuses. My first RV had 40 amps in the inverter, it was mounted to low to see them, NO POWER. Didn,t know they were there ether.
Capindad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:26 AM   #23
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
If you are continually blowing fuses there is something amiss. Check all the above post, perhaps something is loose or rubbing or perhaps a bad motor..I have not blown a landing gear fuse yet but do check all those terminal blocks for loose connections on a regular basis. A in line ckt breaker is not a good idea as corrective action on a possible problem
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:02 AM   #24
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
I will add my vote to Ozz in that operator error is ultimately a cause in a large percentage of the cases. I did it the first time I tried to unhook from the trailer. We have one of the lube disks in place on our hitch and it is hard to tell when the hitch is "unloaded". I kept raising the front of the FW and almost as soon as I began to lift the truck bed with the kingpin the fuse blew. I have since started to key on the "sound" of the motor to tell when it is unloaded. Just last weekend when unhitching at the dealers, DW was working the landing gear and I was intently watching the gap between the hitch strike plate and the king pin. I didn't see the gap but heard the motor unload but before I could say anything the fuse blew.
I am tempted to move up to the 40A fuse but have the same concerns that Ozz raises on second guessing the electrical engineers. Replacing a fuse is alot easier than replacing the motor if the higher rated fuse causes a decrease in life of the electrical motor.

Bill
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote