Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2006, 05:54 AM   #1
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Where Do You Put Your Map?

Where does everyone put their map of where they've been on the Montana? I got one from CW and haven't put in on yet. On our vacation I saw that someone had put it on the inside of the basement door. The only time you would see it was when the door was open. I was just looking at Bill & Helen's journey (which is Great!) and I noticed in one of their pictures, they have theirs on one of the slideout ends. I thought that was pretty neat. Any more places?

Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 06:49 AM   #2
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Lisa, I also have a whole bunch of decals inside the basement door of very special places we have been. (like Wall Drug etc). That is the only place Bill will let me put any decals outside of the Montana Owners, Escapees and Good Sam Decals.

I have one door almost full and at the rate we are going it won't be long before I start on the other side.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:57 AM   #3
scattershot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5329
On my last 5er, I put it on the front of the slideout. It was protected there while we were on the road, and was a good location. On our present Montana, we put the map on a sheet of clear plexiglass, and mounted it to the inside of the entry door. Visible when the door is open, but not otherwise.
scattershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 11:16 AM   #4
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by scattershot

On my last 5er, I put it on the front of the slideout. It was protected there while we were on the road, and was a good location. On our present Montana, we put the map on a sheet of clear plexiglass, and mounted it to the inside of the entry door. Visible when the door is open, but not otherwise.
I have seen it there on some other RV's and it looks good, and I also like the idea that when the slide id in it's protected form the elimints.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:47 AM   #5
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
We put ours on the wall of the DR slide out so that it's just to the left when you're standing at the front door, ready to go in. It survives the sliding in and out just fine.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 05:38 PM   #6
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
We have ours outside on the storage door on the door side. Looks nice, people can see it and have commented on it and places we have been. Seems to weather just fine, even in our SW sun and you don't have to have any doors open to see it. We thought long and hard about it and we like were we decided to place it.

Safe travels.
Lorraine

Jack & Lorraine
2003 Ford F250 PSD 6.0L, ext cab
2003 Montana 2850RK
2 cats aboard

ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 06:00 AM   #7
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Ours is on the front facing of the right-hand slideout (entertainment center/computer desk). Wife wanted people to be able to see it when they come to the entry door yet it is hidden when slides are in.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 06:38 AM   #8
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
We also put ours on a piece of plexiglass and mounted it on the end of the big slide with suction cups. That way everyone can see it when they come to the door and can be seen from the road. We just take it off when the slides come in.
ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 10:45 AM   #9
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Thanks everyone for your suggestions, I'll let you know where I end up putting ours. We have stayed in 6 states so far.

Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote