Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2020, 01:12 PM   #1
Jeff & Gail
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23908
Winter storage w/heavy snow load

Not going south this winter until vaccine is available. Just replaced axles and repaired suspension and concerned about snow load this winter. The trailer will be in backyard and I plan on sweeping snow off to allow solar to work and stop heavy load of snow. Two February's ago we had 58 inches in one month with our average winter total around 98 inches. I put my front jack down far enough to get a 3 degree tip to the rear. I then snugged down the 4 rear jacks. Whipped rams down with hydraulics and plan to continue throughout the winter. I know the dealers up here just leave units outside without cleaning roof. Any thought on something I maybe doing wrong. P.S. if we get a vaccine in March I'm heading to Florida if the jacks will work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2877.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	266.6 KB
ID:	7433  

Jeff & Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 03:21 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Before we went full time I just left ours level and, like the dealers, didn't worry about it. We had a few storms with several feet of snow where we had to hit the drifts with the rear of the truck so as not to damage the radiator, but never a problem with the trailer.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote