Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-23-2020, 08:39 PM   #1
Ahdmeyer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24181
residential refridgerator

does anyone happen to know where the refridgerater is plugged in a on a 3931fb hopefully it is not behind it so you would have to pull it out to unplug it.
thx
al meyer
3931fb
az

Ahdmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 06:34 AM   #2
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Behind it most likely
If you need to turn it off, put it in Demo Mode Procedure is in the manual
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 07:31 AM   #3
Preston & Terri
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14645
Al, I think it's behind the oven. I can see the cord and water line go into the cabinet on the left side.
Retired FULLTIMERS that Travel & Work -- 2020 3931FB Legacy Edition -- OEM Sailun S637T's -- 2017 F350 DRW, 4.10 axle, 6.7L -- PullRite OE Puck Super-5th 25K hitch -- Dish Network w/ Winegard G2 automatic portable antenna -- 50A Surge Guard portable -- WiFi Ranger Elite -- Blue Streak -- YourBestAddress.com -- RVSA Certified Technician -- The UnBeetable Experience
Preston & Terri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 09:28 AM   #4
Ahdmeyer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24181
thx i will check behind the oven. the reason i want to know is that this weekend somehow why i do not know why my transfer switch opened up and after a while my batteries went dead and therefore the fridge shuts off. the 5th wheel is in my garage currenty, and i do check it when i go out for that reason. we use the fridge in the 5th wheel for extra capacity, freezer is full but luckly we did not loose anything. iwas going to just plug the fridge into a garage circuit but could not see where it was plugged in, i was in a hurry to get it fiqured out because the batteries were very low and the fridge was out. sorry for the long story but that is why i want to know where it is plugged in
thx
al meyer
az
3931fb
Old 05-24-2020, 09:57 AM   #5
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
well now that is different. okay easier way to skin n the cat-- unplug it from the inverter and plug it into extension cord

do you have your battery disconnect on? if so the converter would have kept things powered up.
Old 05-24-2020, 12:10 PM   #6
Ahdmeyer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24181
yes the inverter did its job on the loss of current, but did not check it often enough and the batteries ran down tilll low enough for the inverter to also shut down. as for just unplugging it from the inverter and plugging it into a cord, if you did that i think you should be sure that you are unplugged from shore power before you plugged that into a cord to make sure completly isolated from shore. my thought without unhooking from shore and directly into a cord i think you could have big trouble, could be an opposite leg and, they is a small tsf switch just down from the invertor, i think about 20 amp. i am not sure i am correct in my theory but not going to try it to find out
thx
al meyer
3931fb az
Old 05-24-2020, 01:03 PM   #7
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
my thought with plugging at the inverter would mean that is the only thing plugged in. I should have been more clear
Old 05-24-2020, 05:20 PM   #8
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Mine is beside the refrigerator. In my 3721 it is under the stove bottom drawer. I pulled it out and found the second water shutoff and the receptical for the plug. I do not believe the Residential are behind the refrigerator. Good luck, safe travels and STAY HEALTHY!
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 07:21 PM   #9
Ahdmeyer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24181
thx i will check under the oven
al meyer
3931fb
az
Old 06-01-2020, 03:07 AM   #10
catch up with the zzzz
Established Member

M.O.C. #23268
inverter questions

What I like to do is just leave the whole rig plugged in. I have a 50amp to 20amp doge bone. When not in use 120 is available to the whole rig.
catch up with the zzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 09:34 AM   #11
greenportbeach
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #25701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahdmeyer View Post
does anyone happen to know where the refridgerater is plugged in a on a 3931fb hopefully it is not behind it so you would have to pull it out to unplug it.
thx
al meyer
3931fb
az
It is behind it. We have pulled ours out already too.
greenportbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 09:38 AM   #12
greenportbeach
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #25701
Quote:
thx
al meyer
3931fb
az
Sorry....my husband answered before he understood what I was asking...lol. He said they had to pull the drawer out from under the stove and were able to reach the plug from there.
greenportbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 11:08 AM   #13
Randy E
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21626
Quote:
yes the inverter did its job on the loss of current, but did not check it often enough and the batteries ran down tilll low enough for the inverter to also shut down. as for just unplugging it from the inverter and plugging it into a cord, if you did that i think you should be sure that you are unplugged from shore power before you plugged that into a cord to make sure completly isolated from shore. my thought without unhooking from shore and directly into a cord i think you could have big trouble, could be an opposite leg and, they is a small tsf switch just down from the invertor, i think about 20 amp. i am not sure i am correct in my theory but not going to try it to find out
thx
al meyer
3931fb az
We have a 3791rd with the same fridge. I had issues with it when it was new. We unplugged it from the inverter, and ran a cord to shore power without issue. Then the problem happened again when we were away from home. This time I unplugged it from the inverter, and plugged it into an outlet in our storage area in the basement. It worked. As long as we were plugged into shore power, the outlet had 120 volts needed to run the fridge.
2016 Chevy DD 4x4
Randy E is offline   Reply With Quote