Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > COVID-19 Discussions
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2020, 09:49 PM   #27
WestlakeJerry

M.O.C. #15894
My wife and I (Mid-60’s)live in a suburb of Atlanta, Georgia, and keep our Monty on a lakeside lot in Alabama full time, about 2 hours away depending upon traffic in Atlanta. We go over practically every weekend.

According to the Georgia Department of Public Health, as of today (7/26/2020) in Georgia, there have been 167,953 confirmed cases with 3,498 deaths reported as a result of Covid-19. That Infection rate is 1.68%, and the Mortality rate is 0.043%, as Georgia has almost 10 million residents. Approximately 2.08% of those infected have died.

Most people wear masks when shopping, but no one wears them at our RV park. Social distancing? Not so much, as we are like one big family there.

I personally know of 5 people that have contracted the virus. One, an 82 year old female with other co-morbidities, requiring hospitalization. She survived without being put on a ventilator, but is still recovering at home. Two males, mid-40’s, one never had a fever nor respiratory issues but lost the senses of taste and smell. The other had respiratory issues and a fever, but never lost smell or taste. The other two were female, one a teenager and the other in her mid thirties. Both of them said it was like a bad cold or a case of the flu.

I’ll leave it up to you all to decide if the risk factor was worth shutting down the thriving state economy and putting thousands of Georgia citizens out of work to this day, and thousands of small businesses out of business for good. I have my own opinion, but I’ll just post the data and my personal experiences.
WestlakeJerry is offline   Reply With Quote