Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > COVID-19 Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2020, 02:25 PM   #61
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Daughter has neighbor couple with Covid. Haven’t left their house I. 4 months. Only contact is Walmart delivery. You can hide but not completely.

I have a mask somewhere in my truck, not sure exactly where but it’s there. I know where my 9MM is on my side, exactly where it’s always been!

CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 02:29 PM   #62
Bad Moon
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18546
The OP. noted he “follows the news”. As the saying goes, if you don’t watch the news, you are uninformed, and if you watch the news, you are misinformed.

It’s an election year. EVERYONE has an agenda. Be skeptical of “the news”. There is ample evidence ( if you research it) of the numbers being cooked, false positives in the testing, and all kinds of deaths being attributed to Covid-19. By the way, it is called Covid-19. Because it was identified in 2019.
Old 07-26-2020, 02:40 PM   #63
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Moon View Post
The OP. noted he “follows the news”. As the saying goes, if you don’t watch the news, you are uninformed, and if you watch the news, you are misinformed.

It’s an election year. EVERYONE has an agenda. Be skeptical of “the news”. There is ample evidence ( if you research it) of the numbers being cooked, false positives in the testing, and all kinds of deaths being attributed to Covid-19. By the way, it is called Covid-19. Because it was identified in 2019.
Yesterday I read where hundreds in Fl were positive but never have been tested.
Old 07-26-2020, 02:46 PM   #64
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
Who goes to NY? Why?

If you are equating the rest of NY with NY City, then you are really a sad sack
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 02:52 PM   #65
Theunz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18384
Really seems odd to me that every nearly every country in the world is going through extraordinary measures to combat COVID 19 just because it’s an election year in the U.S.!!
Old 07-26-2020, 03:11 PM   #66
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theunz View Post
Really seems odd to me that every nearly every country in the world is going through extraordinary measures to combat COVID 19 just because it’s an election year in the U.S.!!

It's out of control because too many people wont use common sense for their and others safety and well being
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 03:12 PM   #67
TK1
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneoak View Post
We live in Canada, but have travelled extensively in the U.S. We have wintered in Florida for the past twelve winters. Of course the border is now closed, so we will camp in our own province.

I would like to get some information from people around the U.S. as to how things are going with regards to the pandemic. Are people taking it seriously? Are they social distancing? Are people wearing masks?

I have been in touch with someone I know in Florida and she tells me things are business as usual down there, with no one paying it much attention. This is a state which is the epicenter of the country for the virus!

I don't want any political discussions. I just want to know how things really are. We get the news up here, but I just would like to know what the people are saying, not just the journalists. One article I read stated "Not only is the genie out of the bottle, there is no longer bottle"! Are things as bad as they say? Do any of you know anyone who got the virus, and maybe even someone who died from it?
We just returned from a trip to the Gulf Coast of Central Florida and we found very few instances of the Covid pandemic impacting our activities. Some people but not all were wearing masks and most restaurants were open for dine in service and all the stores were open. We did find that the shops in Cedar Key all had signs posted stating that masks were required, but that's the only placed that we observed it. Other than that it was pretty much business as usual.
TK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 03:12 PM   #68
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
If you are equating the rest of NY with NY City, then you are really a sad sack
No, actually happy to stay away. I live in an area being filled with those from NY and NJ the past few years. They have brought their 'tude with them. They come to get away from the 'stuff' up there and then decide to change the things they came here for to things they left there for.
Having breakfast at a local restaurant with my neighbor when 2 deputies show up. A loud mouth pops up and points to a man and yells "he has a gun". One deputy asks "you are not from here?", she says no NY, 2nd deputy and customers are chuckling. She was informed NC, like many other states is an 'open carry state'. Then he told her if she knew how many were carrying concealed in there she would be shocked,,,, and immediately turned and said don't raise your hand or show us! She and hubby immediately left, deputies and customers laughing. Cashier told them to just go, no need to pay. It was worth a free breakfast for the entertainment.
Happy y'all come to visit, heck spend a season every year,,, just don't move here unless you leave your 'tude and (failed) political ideas up north.
Old 07-26-2020, 03:15 PM   #69
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
It's out of control because too many people wont use common sense for their and others safety and well being
Could be it's out of control because the media says so. Common sense says stay a distance apart. If you see someone without a mask, use it.
Old 07-26-2020, 03:32 PM   #70
Nedbrod
Established Member

M.O.C. #25283
I would stay right in your province or go across country to another one. There's plenty of attractions to see in Canada so that might be your best bet. I have a brother who lives in Florida (Marathon in the Keys) and he tells me its a regular s%&t show down there. Most likely will be closing 1A again going down there. Can't see any reason to take the chance when you have so many other options.
Nedbrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 03:56 PM   #71
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
I guess for the doubters the refrigerator trucks outside of hospitals aren’t really there or if they are there are just for show. And all the doctors in the overrun hospitals are either mistaken or lying.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 04:14 PM   #72
Wendi
Established Member

M.O.C. #22279
If you are still reading.....

Type Covid 19 *State desired* dashboard - in Google (or search engine of your choice) and you can see the cases for yourself. Here is Florida's https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/

I think it is probably best for everyone to stay close to home.
Wendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 04:16 PM   #73
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
We have some overrun hospitals. It's because the sick are transported there from other areas. We also have hospitals that have laid off medical staff for lack of business.
Old 07-26-2020, 04:17 PM   #74
Bob and Jeannette
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
If you are still reading.....

Type Covid 19 *State desired* dashboard - in Google (or search engine of your choice) and you can see the cases for yourself. Here is Florida's https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/

I think it is probably best for everyone to stay close to home.
Also

Floridadisaster.org
Bob and Jeannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 05:01 PM   #75
JRogers
Established Member

M.O.C. #22215
Florida is fine.
Thankfully we are some what open.
If you are one that fits the known factors for danger, stay home. Else, get out and follow the rules.
JRogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 06:23 PM   #76
Mark7
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19032
Trying to keep the politics out of this, but it's pretty tough for me.

I advise all to think for yourselves, do what you are comfortable with, and vote with your feet and your wallet!

ND and SD are wide open... people for the most part are going on with life as normal... only some big companies, the Menards, Walmarts, et. al. have their own mask rules, but none are enforcing them. Law enforcement agencies have told everyone to stop calling about people not wearing masks in their stores (most calls from other customers) that they will not come and will not enforce any mask rules.

I and my wife and our adult children and grandchildren just did a week long visit up the north shore in MN. Nobody in the big state parks (which were not staffed by the way were wearing masks. Campgrounds were all full to capacity. Looked like a normal tourist season there. MN Governor did put a mask in public places rule in order after we left, but my brother who lives there tells me it is being ignored.

So... There you have it for the tri-state area. If you are concerned about others masking up, you are best to stay away because there is not a lot of that happening here.

BTW... our hospitals have lots of room and after being closed for a good 6 weeks because of the expected influx that never came, are now hurting for business and begging people to come back and reschedule elective procedures. Apparently what was then very dangerous has become just fine now.
Mark7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 07:15 PM   #77
Bad Moon
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18546
Mike Rowe has probably the best take on the whole covid debacle. Read his response to the end.

https://www.facebook.com/TheRealMike...5963458747106/
Old 07-26-2020, 07:30 PM   #78
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Moon View Post
Mike Rowe has probably the best take on the whole covid debacle. Read his response to the end.

https://www.facebook.com/TheRealMike...5963458747106/

^^^^And there you have it! Thanks for that post. It's about as cut to the chase as it gets. We can all accept it is what it is and get on with it...you aren't going to outrun the virus, just like you can't outrun old age or death...it's there or be "afraid" every minute.

The question is do you want to live in fear every minute? Stop living? Live in a bubble? Lose your job? Cause millions of others to lose their jobs, lives, homes? Think the government is going to send you a "welfare" check every so often so you don't have to go out - I hope not? (Remember folks have to work for the government to have money). If you are that afraid one needs to find that bubble and someone to feed them. JMO
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 07:47 PM   #79
Stevehotshots

M.O.C. #23266
We live in Denver , traveled back from lake havasu three days after arriving in the first week of March due to the virus . It is real and it is bad. One of my employees contracted
it the end of March lost a month of work and resigned. A Business owner in our association passed away from it. It is now mandatory to wear masks unless at home .
It spreads in crowds and closed in areas like wildfire. No contact is the only way to stop the spread. We took the Montana to the Mountains this weekend and avoided all contact.
Stevehotshots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 09:35 PM   #80
woodman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12256
First, we tentatively plan to drive to FL in early Dec. unless the storm becomes too severe. Second, we know of two persons now that had contracted COV19, and both survived without any sequelae. Neither were wearing masks as a routine while in public.

The LA Times reported last week that masks not only mitigate, but can also lessen the viral load should you still get COV19, resulting in decreasing the severity and morbidity of this pathogen. I wear a tight fitting N95 mask whenever I'm shopping indoors or among congested public. I worked in surgery for nearly 40 years (although, my masks are from my woodworking business). I see that the public is largely clueless about proper mask fit and density. Many people wear loosely fitted masks, or have their nose exposed, or the fabric of the mask is so thin, they're barely useful and, as such, are at a higher risk of getting or transmitting COV19. Studies prove that the thickness of the mask does make a difference, an example would be flannel does a better job than a tee-shirt density. That said, the mask, even the best mask, is not a perfect defense, it only helps mitigate. Frequent hand hygiene and practicing safe distancing also really helps in fighting any airborne virus.

Another strategy just published said, if you get COV19, use nasal irrigation, (the practice of clearing the nasal passages), using a spray bottle or neti pot to introduce a therapeutic solution. One team of researchers recently studied the effects of nasal irrigation on COVID-19 and determined that this simple, at-home practice could very well help lessen a person's viral load. "Nasal irrigations should be encouraged for patients and health care workers especially," the study concludes. While hardly a silver bullet solution for the disease, the study argues that nasal irrigation can help to "reduce viral severity and further transmission" of coronavirus early on after a patient becomes infected. The researchers explain that this is because, "similar to other viral upper respiratory infections, [coronavirus] infection occurs primarily in the nasal and nasopharyngeal mucosa with high viral loads early in disease." This presents an opportunity to "wash COVID-19 away," the study suggests. The researchers noted that the general "benefit of topical nasal saline has been well established," explaining that the nasal lining serves an important role in the immune system, acting as the primary defense.

Conclusion, wear a good tight fitting dense mask so that it covers your nose and mouth and if you still get it, use a saline nasal lavage early on!
woodman is offline   Reply With Quote