Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-30-2019, 10:52 AM   #1
Scootsk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23929
Leaks, Camping World and one pissed off owner

On December 21st I brought my seven month old 2019 3791RD to Camping World due to a massive leak I had discovered. I left the trailer with them after they thoroughly explained that if they discover that it is not a warranty issue I would be responsible for the bill. How could it not be a warranty issue, the trailer is 7 months old?

Got a call last Friday and the service writer explained that my leak was due to the gutters being clogged. How does a clogged gutter cause water to permeate a closed slide that has seals that is supposed to make it weatherproof? I disagreed with his assessment, and explained that the seals should keep the water from the inside of the trailer. He said he would talk to his tech and get back to me.

Today he called and said that the slide out roof was full of debris and that caused a failure in the seal!! BULLSHOES!!! I checked the slides the day I brought it to him. There was nothing. He said his tech cleaned the slides and the leak stopped. WTF! Why would they refuse to acknowledge a problem? Why wasn't the debris on the roof ever mentioned prior?

My wife and I are sick about this.

Scootsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 11:13 AM   #2
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
WTF Wednesday Thursday Friday.
It’s Camper World!
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 11:20 AM   #3
Scootsk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23929
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
WTF Wednesday Thursday Friday.
It’s Camper World!
Lynwood
But why all the denials and lies? Why not just fix the issue?
Old 12-30-2019, 12:37 PM   #4
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
It's a shame that they continue to propagate the lousy reputation that they've already earned rather than do the right thing and attempt to regain customer good will. I would definitely also contact Keystone to go on record with the problem. They may just point you back to the dealer but I would start a record of communication just in case lawyers get involved.

You might also hire a qualified RV tech to do an analysis as well.
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 04:59 PM   #5
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
And this my friends is why I say take your rigs to a SERVICE ONLY business!!!!! Never ever take an RV to a sales dealership. The purpose of service dept at a sales dealership is to PREP units to get them out the door. A sales dealership is only interested in getting units OFF of their lot. They hope to never see them again.

By contrast a service only business stakes its reputation on doing good and fast repair work. Let that sink in for a while!

I know there is going to be a lot of backlash from those of you that THINK your sales dealer is great. Good for you, your one of the lucky one but trust me their business model is based on how many units they can get out the door regardless of what you may have been told or personally experienced.
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 06:02 PM   #6
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Doesn't Marcus Lemonis own Camping World? From the Good Sam website:

Need anything?
I'm here to help.
CALL MY OFFICE 866.232.8790
Or Email me at MarcusVIP@goodsam.com
Old 12-30-2019, 07:07 PM   #7
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
I would think they would have taken pix of it
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 05:38 AM   #8
Scootsk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23929
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffba View Post
I would think they would have taken pix of it
Jeff, I should have done the same. My wife and I spoke about it last night. But who knew that I would be going through this. Next time I'm going to walk around and videotape the entire unit so when they claim the ridiculous I have some proof.
And we all know they didn't take any pictures because they are definitely fibbing. Why wasn't the debris on the slide out mentioned on Friday?
Old 12-31-2019, 05:52 AM   #9
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
X2 on taking your rig to a service only business. I have done that for years, and never been disappointed. Yes, I could drive about 1/2 mile to a RV retailer but I prefer the 16 mile trip to a service only business with about 10 service bays! They always have rigs in for some work.
F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2012, Single Wheel, 6.7 L Diesel, Transfer Flow Internal 50 Gallon Fuel Tank, Upgraded Ford Software for 50 Gallon tank, 2006 3475Rl with Mor-ryde King Pin, 2nd AC, 2nd Battery, Pressure Pro TPMS, Wet Bolt Shackle Kit
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 08:43 AM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
If you have no slide out awnings debris will collect on the slide out roof causing damage to the seals and water to leak into the RV. You are correct you should have taken pictures of the slide out roof showing no debris. The probability is high that CW knowing this is using it to refuse the claim.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 10:25 AM   #11
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcol View Post

Need anything?
I'm here to help.
Yes he does own it however that contact is just a few folks that never resolve anything and only deflect. it is just a marketing ply to make you think he cares, when actually he could care less. Camping World in St George UT had a model advertised new at a amazing low price, I emailed them and said I wanted to buy it at the advertised price. They then asked if I was financing, I said no paying cash. They relied if I pay cash there is a $5000 premium I would have to pay on top of the sale price, then they said I have to pay for battery, and mandatory exterior sealant and finally I would have to pay the service Dept $1000 for the pre-delivery inspection a total of $10K above advertised price (I should not there was NO disclosure on any advertising of additional cost except tax and lic). This was un-believable.

I contacted the above email and phone with my complaint, their response took more than a week with a reply that defended the dealership, it was not until I contacted the UT Attorney General that they finally agreed to sell at the advertised price and waive the other cost.

I decided they ware simply crooks and would not buy from them considering all the deception.

As for the leak issue, Slides leak from 5er to Class A they all leak or will leak, invest in slide toppers (they are not expensive) PROBLEM SOLVED... It is not a warranty issue...
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 02:31 PM   #12
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout View Post
Yes he does own it however that contact is just a few folks that never resolve anything and only deflect. it is just a marketing ply to make you think he cares, when actually he could care less. Camping World in St George UT had a model advertised new at a amazing low price, I emailed them and said I wanted to buy it at the advertised price. They then asked if I was financing, I said no paying cash. They relied if I pay cash there is a $5000 premium I would have to pay on top of the sale price, then they said I have to pay for battery, and mandatory exterior sealant and finally I would have to pay the service Dept $1000 for the pre-delivery inspection a total of $10K above advertised price (I should not there was NO disclosure on any advertising of additional cost except tax and lic). This was un-believable.

I contacted the above email and phone with my complaint, their response took more than a week with a reply that defended the dealership, it was not until I contacted the UT Attorney General that they finally agreed to sell at the advertised price and waive the other cost.

I decided they ware simply crooks and would not buy from them considering all the deception.

As for the leak issue, Slides leak from 5er to Class A they all leak or will leak, invest in slide toppers (they are not expensive) PROBLEM SOLVED... It is not a warranty issue...
I'd still give it a try to contact Marcus. Keep a copy of your correspondence. If it goes further at least it will appear that you tried to seek remedy.

Lightstout, you are a better man than me, if the price was truly that amazingly low. I'd bought it with the backing of the Ut. AG, then never do business with Camping World again.
Old 12-31-2019, 03:18 PM   #13
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Quote:
I'd still give it a try to contact Marcus. Keep a copy of your correspondence. If it goes further at least it will appear that you tried to seek remedy.

Lightstout, you are a better man than me, if the price was truly that amazingly low. I'd bought it with the backing of the Ut. AG, then never do business with Camping World again.
Keep in mind it was over 3 weeks before they caved under legal pressures and several very contentious communications. The model was a new 2019 3650RL it was advertised at $7K below invoice at $51K it was an amazing deal however over the nearly 3 weeks time we also found another deal. We ended up buying a 2019 3791RD Legacy Package and Full Body Paint for $58k. While we still liked the deal on the 3650RL we loathed CW.

Full disclosure the 3791RD we purchased was used (only 6 months old still had 6 months on 1 year warranty) it had a MSRP of $110K and sold to the original owner for $87k in Dec of 2018 we bought it 6 months after for $58K that so it was still like new. We could not pass this deal up either.

Marcus office phone and email is a call center with people who take your complaint and hope you go away, at no point do you EVER get to communicate with a decision maker let alone Marcus. It took filing formal complaints with the State to get them to budge even then they were rude and un-apologetic.

Considering all the complaints you read about CW it is no wonder they have a call center dedicated to deal with complaints. This is not Marcus's Office
Old 12-31-2019, 03:52 PM   #14
Hblick48
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21903
Quote:

Need anything?
I'm here to help.

I purchased a new Suburban oven on Camping World online. First one shipped directly from factory via truck freight. Came in totally smashed. Customer service referred me to Order Processing since it was a special order. Surprisingly, I got a return call within 24 hours as promised.

They ordered a new one from a distributor that shipped UPS. Came in damaged. Repeat two more times (total 4). Item is NOT packaged to handle common carrier shipping. I contacted Marcus VIP. They contacted individual who was handling my nightmare in Order Processing.

To make a long story short, they shipped the fifth one from their distributor to a Camping World near me. Came via the distributor's truck, arrived in good shape. My rep had to call local store manager and manually make these arrangements since they are not setup for purchase online, pickup at store. She had to report results to Marcus VIP. Don't think they would have gone to the trouble if Marcus VIP was not involved.
Hblick48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 04:25 PM   #15
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hblick48 View Post
I purchased a new Suburban oven on Camping World online. First one shipped directly from factory via truck freight. Came in totally smashed. Customer service referred me to Order Processing since it was a special order. Surprisingly, I got a return call within 24 hours as promised.

They ordered a new one from a distributor that shipped UPS. Came in damaged. Repeat two more times (total 4). Item is NOT packaged to handle common carrier shipping. I contacted Marcus VIP. They contacted individual who was handling my nightmare in Order Processing.

To make a long story short, they shipped the fifth one from their distributor to a Camping World near me. Came via the distributor's truck, arrived in good shape. My rep had to call local store manager and manually make these arrangements since they are not setup for purchase online, pickup at store. She had to report results to Marcus VIP. Don't think they would have gone to the trouble if Marcus VIP was not involved.
That is just a dispute resolution call center, I am sure that is a centralized dept for complaints, I was just sayin it has nothing directly to do with Marcus Lemonis.

Your problem was a shipping/packaging issue whereas mine was an ETHICS problem. I assume they are handled differently. They seem in my experience to handle product and vendor issues much differently then their own internal ethics issues, that has been my experience anyway...

The Marcus VIP hotline is just a marketing ploy, I confirmed via their legal dept that Marcus is not even hands on with the VIP line and complaints what so ever.
Old 12-31-2019, 07:43 PM   #16
MnM

M.O.C. #24746
To the OP: Was there damage from the massive leak you discovered? How did you discover it? If it wasn't debris, what caused the leak? Is it fixed?

You probably should contact Keystone directly if there is actually a warranty issue...
MnM is offline   Reply With Quote