Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2013, 11:11 AM   #1
TYR
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9976
How Do Drawers Come Out?

Okay, we had a tech out here to fix the water heater. Dave had it all apart and practically done himself, but we figured we'll have the tech do it so we'll know for sure how to do it in future (changing element and anode).

Okay, so tech is gone and I go into the kitchen to make dinner.

There's water on the floor and on the floor in the cabinet under the sink. There's probably water under the drawer that is under the fridge.

How do the drawers come out off the rollers?

I am so stinkin' angry right now. To flush the tank, the tech plugged the anode hole to build up pressure and then opened the hole.

Guess what. Apparently there was too much water in the HWH when he did that and hence water in my freakin' kitchen. No, no leaks. Not now, not before. Now I have ruined stuff that was under the sink.

So again, I'd like to get under that drawer to wipe up water if there is some.

Will the drawer come out without being a major production and can we get it back in again.

If I could cuss on here, I would.

Thanks.
Betty

TYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:29 AM   #2
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
There are two black tabs, shaped like a bit of an arrow, one on each side. Left side pulls up, right side pushes down, in the direction of the curve.

snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:32 AM   #3
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
Pull the drawer most of the way out and the feel inside the metal track on the sides. You should find a plastic lever that you the push up onto release the drawer.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:52 PM   #4
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Here ya go buddy, sorry that happened.
Darned service guys

https://picasaweb.google.com/Jimsue13/DrawerOverhaul?authuser=0&feat=directlink
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:11 PM   #5
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Warning... watch out that your hands don't get too messy when releasing the black tabs and be careful to hold the drawer that it doesn't actually drop from the weight (like onto your bare foot - ouch). The amount of goop can vary depending on the zealousness of the factory worker lubing things up and you can get some on your hands as you're rooting around those "catches". Keep a rag close by or you'll wonder where all those smudges came from - ask me how I know, go ahead, ask, LOL.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:11 PM   #6
TYR
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9976
Well, hey, found the lever on the right side but there was not one on the left. Oh well, managed to squeeze my arm in behind the drawer and dry up the floor. Thank goodness there wasn't much; most of it was under the kitchen sink. Sheesh. It's been a crazy day and sure feels like Friday. Thanks once again; you guys are super!
TYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:16 PM   #7
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TxYellowRose

Well, hey, found the lever on the right side but there was not one on the left. Oh well, managed to squeeze my arm in behind the drawer and dry up the floor. Thank goodness there wasn't much; most of it was under the kitchen sink. Sheesh. It's been a crazy day and sure feels like Friday. Thanks once again; you guys are super!
I am guessing you did not pull the drawer all the way out and the left slide hid the release. As stated one on each side, push one up the other down.
I push both slides back in and then insert the rear of the drawer slide into the slot on each side and push it back into place. Pull out again to make sure the slide catches have properly secured.
Good luck.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:37 PM   #8
jim n deb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7406
My 2010 one side goes up and the other side goes down. On the top kitchen drawer the right side goes down and the left side goes up.The one on the right is hard to find and I always have a problem getting them out.
jim n deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:06 PM   #9
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
You'll find as you wind your way thru ownership of a RV that the skill and compentency level of many RV techs leaves much room for improvement. If you have an ounce of ability ... tackle it yourself. Come to think of it ... winding your way thru ownership of about anything nowdays plays out the same.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:16 AM   #10
Mike caldon

M.O.C. #13107
I agree with diesel guy look on here and the gang can help you get through most anything... Good luck
Mike caldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:49 PM   #11
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Dieselguy said it, right! and Mike... we ain't in a gang. We're in a club.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote