Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2010, 06:12 AM   #1
dandt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7142
Just a reminder --H2O pressure regulator--

Having worked in rv parks for 2 summers now, I see a lot of em left on faucets after the people check out. Just last week as I was walking thru I thought to myself "Hmmm I wonder if theres any regulaors left behind,I haven't even looked for any this year" an lo and behold I look over and spot a shiny new Watts H560 regulator (a $50 unit) Still screwed to a faucet. After sitting in lost & found for a week I brought it home. Nice score for me. I personally have my Watts p/r installed after my cannister filters to get more pressure thru them & then I can't forget it. Happy & Safe travels Dave

dandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:51 AM   #2
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Good idea on the placement of your regulator. I'll have to do that and I won't forget mine that way! If I do, I leave everything behind!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:29 AM   #3
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
dandt..... So that's where it went! I wondered where I had left it. I've been to so many RV parks I just don't even remember where I was when it happened. If you don't mind, one of these days I'll be by to pick it up. We'll share a beer. DW reminds me I'm so forgetful and I believe her because I left my spray-on Liner at one RV park.

I like the idea of placing the regulator after the filters.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:37 AM   #4
ExPatNW
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10319
While camping at the Fishing Bridge rv park in Yellowstone our friends who were travelling with us had their filter exploded by the pressure of the water. They had their pressure regulator fitted after the filter. We were warned when we got there that the pressure varied a lot in the water supply. I was lucky and had my pressure regulator on first.
ExPatNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:03 PM   #5
PapaBeav
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7487
Yep, I did the same thing a couple of years ago. I left a Watts regulator hooked up to the faucet and drove off. By the time I noticed it was gone we were 300 miles away.
PapaBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:36 PM   #6
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
A year ago last March I left my H560 in north Florida, H John Kohl picked it up on his way past and he left it somewhere last summer LOL. Good idea for placement. But I stopped at a CG in MO last year and had 128 lbs and water hose burst after a few minutes. Put H560 on and almost fainted when I saw the pressure. So I put it before the hose as at the time all I had was a few repair ends for the hose. Although after having to cough up another 61 bucks (w/shipping) I am very protective of my new 560... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:51 AM   #7
dandt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7142
I also had high pressure & it expanded (not popped) my hose leading to my cannisters so I purchased 3 foot of 5/8 hi-pressure hose at Q-zite & now have no problems. I just hope everyone remembers to look before they drive off & leave it for the C/G
dandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:21 PM   #8
ONERUNNING
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10448
Being new to RVing, I'm not familiar with the Watts H560 Regulator. What can someone tell me about it? I bought on of those cheap ones from the dealership, but it sounds like this Watts the way to go..
Joe
ONERUNNING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:17 PM   #9
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
It's an adjustable water regulator that fits inline with the hoses to your RV. It has a gauge and an adjustment to allow you to regulate the pressure you desire. It is of high quality materials so it lasts longer than the typical 40psi regulators generally available (aka cheap ones). Many members including me had these fail so we went for the better Watts H560 regulator.

http://www.watts.com/pages/_products...ls.asp?pid=775
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:41 AM   #10
ONERUNNING
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10448
Thanks Art for the info and the link. Found a dealer down in Orlando Fl, just south of me. Going to order one today.
ONERUNNING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:44 PM   #11
KiwiRVer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9832
I have the water regulator permanently fitted inside the convenience center so that all I have to is hok up the hose (using a quick disconnect fitting) If pressure gets too high for the hose so be it. I have blown a green hose (not a white one) but they are so cheap it doesn't matter too much. On a related but slightly different topic I am astounded at the poor quality of garden hoses you get from the big hardware chains.
KiwiRVer is offline   Reply With Quote