Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-29-2021, 01:35 PM   #21
Rjlg
Established Member

M.O.C. #27708
We wondered about buying our 2021 3121 in Muskegon but ended up buying at camping world in grand rapids. Was Muskegon a good place to buy?

Rjlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 01:42 PM   #22
bcrvman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
Good afternoon,
We are new to owning a Montana, switched from a Grand Design which had it share of problems.
When we went to pick up our new 3121rl legacy with full body paint we were a little disappointed with Montana’s quality control. Things that need addressing were the following; overspray paint on the inside of windows, finish edge on slide padding mat sewn crooked with raw edges, crown molding has blotches of unmatched stain,(looks like a rag was left on it), vents on floor crooked, light switch cover in bedroom broken, some of drawers will not open all the way, and the big one is, no day/night shades. It only came with the night shades which the dealer was just as surprised as us. Those will be coming in February through warranty, supply issue. The chassis looked great, and the full body paint looked great. I don’t blame the dealer at all. For the money you pay and the hype they promote, just wish they would have inspected it better before they released it.
Wow, I always wondered if a GD would have been a better RV than our Monty. All your problems are trivial, just appearance. Are you sure the day shades are not just all the way up and you don't see them? I never took my RV into a dealer, but I did take in the fireplace (no problem actually I later found out only one is on at a time) and a chair. Fixed EVERYTHING else myself. Good luck with the dealer, I hear some folks are a year in service waiting to be told they can't replicate the problem. DIY is best. Paint spray doesn't keep me warmer or cooler or dry. Good luck.
3,000 watt hybrid inverter with 120A charger
bcrvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 02:14 PM   #23
Bob and Jeannette
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22589
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSport View Post
And just wait till you roll a few miles on that camper and then things shake apart, things you don't see yet! Just wait! It's coming!

Oh! Welcome to the forums... You are in great company here!

in time ... you really will love your Montana. You will.
This is so true! A happy camper is a handy camper with a good perspective.
Old 12-29-2021, 06:18 PM   #24
Amtracker
Established Member

M.O.C. #27726
Montana Issues

I was once told by a wise man that to own a camper two things were required, Money of the ability to repair issues. Although my dealer is great I try not to return the unit for repairs. I was successful until this summer when the Montana bedroom slide-out failed. The unit has been at the repair facility since 28 September 2001 (won't bore you with all the details). We are currently waiting on Keystone to review a bulge in the sidewall that developed as a result of the failure (we think). Don't become discouraged with issues as they come up (and they will) just repair them and move on. Most of us have the same problems but this is a great place to discuss and find out how to fix issues. Enjoy your new RV and have fun with it and all the wonderful people you will meet. Happy New Year to all.
Amtracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 07:45 PM   #25
Gabby1987
Established Member

M.O.C. #22226
We were ready to trade our 2018 Montana and when we got to looking at new ones in mid 2020, we were very disappointed when things were falling off of them on the lot in the Texas heat. Got to comparing to other brands and ended going to grand design. Maybe we are one of the lucky ones that got a good unit during covid at a good price. Either way we enjoyed the 2018 Montana and enjoy the 2021 GD.
Gabby1987 is offline   Reply With Quote