Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2019, 06:02 PM   #20
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsb5717 View Post
My short box ram has the B&W ball, which is located about 4" in front of the center of the axle. I'm pretty sure that's the standard installation location for that setup. The Andersen set back puts the center of the ball almost exactly centered over the axle. I don't know what the set up would be like with the rail installation but would likely be similar as even the rails puts the hitch point somewhere slightly in front of the axle.

Most would recommend that turning 90 degrees isn't good for the trailer axles anyway so should be avoided. That said, I haven't been in a situation yet where I couldn't make my turn. I haven't tested the tightest degree of turn I can achieve but it's pretty tight.
I don't ,and never have turned 90 degrees. As said I have turned pretty tight, but I am sure no where near 90. Pretty sure I can't unless I move the slider back .

I know for sure my rail mount Andersen is not centered ,nor forward of the center of the axle, pretty sure just slightly back of center. Will check to see when I put it back in.

You say your gooseneck ball is 4" in front of center, is that one of those offset balls. Looking at my puck system on my 2014 the gooseneck hole looks real close to the center of the axle.
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote