Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > COVID-19 Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2020, 03:18 PM   #1
Janet H
Site Team

M.O.C. #19422
Send a message via AIM to Janet H Send a message via MSN to Janet H
New forum for Covid-19 Topics - README

Please read carefully:

Because of the very high interest and posting activity regarding COVID-19, the site team has established this temporary new forum to contain all threads related to this topic. We have moved existing threads on this topic to this new forum and will continue to move posts and new threads to this area of the forum, regardless of where they were initially posted.

All Community Rules will be strictly enforced in this forum. Posts in violation of the rules may be deleted without notification based on the judgment of the moderators. In addition, posts that exhibit fear-mongering or other anti-social behavior may result in the author’s posting privileges being restricted. Please be especially cautious about posting politically charged content and be sure to report problem posts.

There has been a lot of very useful information and perspective shared here on this topic, but unfortunately also a good bit that doesn't align with forum rules. Please respect your fellow members by thinking through this before posting:

- Is it true?
- Is it helpful?
- Is it kind?

If you have any questions about this, feel free to message any moderator.

Wishing good health to all,
The Moderator Team

P.S. Now go wash your hands!

Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 12:04 PM   #2
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Please read carefully:

Because of the very high interest and posting activity regarding COVID-19, the site team has established this temporary new forum to contain all threads related to this topic. We have moved existing threads on this topic to this new forum and will continue to move posts and new threads to this area of the forum, regardless of where they were initially posted.

All Community Rules will be strictly enforced in this forum. Posts in violation of the rules may be deleted without notification based on the judgment of the moderators. In addition, posts that exhibit fear-mongering or other anti-social behavior may result in the author’s posting privileges being restricted. Please be especially cautious about posting politically charged content and be sure to report problem posts.

There has been a lot of very useful information and perspective shared here on this topic, but unfortunately also a good bit that doesn't align with forum rules. Please respect your fellow members by thinking through this before posting:

- Is it true?
- Is it helpful?
- Is it kind?

If you have any questions about this, feel free to message any moderator.

Wishing good health to all,
The Moderator Team

P.S. Now go wash your hands!
it would help me to see what was violating the rules. It was simply fact based info from a respected doctor.
Old 03-08-2021, 12:34 PM   #3
Janet H
Site Team

M.O.C. #19422
Send a message via AIM to Janet H Send a message via MSN to Janet H
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterdrago View Post
it would help me to see what was violating the rules. It was simply fact based info from a respected doctor.
The post you are referencing cited an MD who's claims have been discredited by the FDA and others. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Hotze

An earlier reference made in other threads linked to ht tps://off-guardian.org/ a recent startup full of russian trolls expelled from other platforms.

https://www.stopfake.org/en/russian-...or-their-hate/

Both these sources are roundly discredited and fail the "is it true" provision of the guidelines we have.

We are an RV forum and while Covid and safety are of great concern to RVers, debate about this issue is not appropriate here. We are determined to present factual information by respected and professional news sources. Truthiness matters.

Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 12:50 PM   #4
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
To those wanting the vaccine but still on a wait list. We signed up on our county list (that covers our closest town of 200,000) and on a nearby town nearly as large list about 6 weeks ago. We keep getting updates but no shot invites.

Spoke to a friend last week. She is one of those people who stays in touch with a large circle of friends and seems to always know anything and everything going on. She said to contact pharmacies in all the surrounding small towns as she knew several people who got the shots at those.

So googling pharmacy and the town name of several nearby towns of maybe 5,000 people or less, I signed up on 4 different pharmacy wait list. Two days later I get an email from one (actually the smallest town of maybe 2,500). “Would you like the Moderna or J&J vaccine.” I replied with my preference. “I can schedule you at 3:30 Saturday”. So we are now scheduled for this coming Saturday at the small pharmacy after waiting 6 weeks for two large scale vaccine centers to get us in.

Makes no sense why it is so available in the small pharmacies when the large vaccine centers seem overwhelmed. Even my doctor can’t get the vaccine.

Something to try for those still waiting.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 01:08 PM   #5
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
The CVS pharmacy here is a good place to look for the vaccine. Like BB said it seems the smaller towns are your best bet. CVS has a nice app that helps but not all states with CVS pharmacies can get the vaccine.
My second shot is scheduled for Wednesday at 10 o’clock. YAHOO!
Virginia had only 892 cases reported today and that is down from over 5000 at the peak. It’s still not time to take chances. Be safe for just a little while longer.
We might be getting back to normal.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 06:45 PM   #6
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Got my Johnson & Johnson covid vaccine today. Very small town, old time pharmacy in business since 1890, with pressed tin ceiling, original hardwood floors, and soda counter. 17 minutes total time in and out and that included the 15 minute wait afterward. Check all your surrounding small town pharmacies if you are still waiting.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 07:16 PM   #7
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
I got my second shot Wednesday. Dick said he had no feelings in three fingers. I couldn’t hear. My audiologist said I would never be able to hear my wife and I was beginning to think it was true until I remembered I had turned my hearing aids down.
Now more serious. The day after the shot I didn’t feel very good. I’m not sure if it was the shot or sinus. I took a sinus pill and the next morning it was gone except for the hives I would have had if I had ran any fever. So who knows. Take your pick. At any rate it wasn’t serious or not as serious as loosing feeling in three fingers.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 06:44 AM   #8
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Oh and do not try taking a nap in those chairs they make you sit in after the shot. they rudely wake you up.
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote